“Great fish cuisine”
Review of Gasthof Alte Post

Gasthof Alte Post
Ranked #4 of 118 Restaurants in Lindau
Cuisines: German
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bavarian cuisine
Reviewed January 3, 2012

the concept of this restaurant is really good, keeping the tradition of post restaurant. in the past post office is also just like terminal for the horses from city to city like in the wild west era. the cuisine special is fish from bodensee! its a local fish so fresh so delicious ! in style of south German cooking :) try wine from local also its a bit sour bit worth to try

1  Thank faozanrizal

Reviewed July 19, 2011

We visited the Alte Post on the day of the Stadfest and sat in the outdoor area. The restaurant had plenty of staff working and we were served promptly. The food was the best we had during our five day stay. While we were eating it began to rain, but luckily as the other diners headed inside, we were one of three or four tables to stay dry. The beer complimented the food and all in all a very pleasant experience.

1  Thank raetia
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Based on the recommendation of my hotel I went to this restaurant to sample traditional German food. It is within easy walking distance from the lake front and has both indoor and outdoor seating. Unfortunately the day I went there it was raining and seating outside was not possible. The restaurant serves both German and Austrian food. The food comes in ample portions and taste was quite good. Service in terms of promptness and attentiveness was good. The interior seating was nicely furnished with traditional touches but I felt the seating arrangements are slightly cramped. I consider the price range to be reasonable but not budget and if I compare the food or service quality with the price then I have no problem in recommending this place.

1  Thank Teertha G
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We asked our hotel, Maxhotel, for a recommendation for somewhere with good local food and no tourist menu. We were really pleased with our evening.

We got there early as our hotel staff said it fills up quickly. Then menu is in german which is a sign that it won't be poor tourist food.

The staff were really helpful at explaining the dishes and recommending good local choices.

The food was of a very high standard and tasty. We didn't recognise several of the ingredients. Our waitress went above all expectations and went to the kitchen and brought out the vegetables to show us what they look like in the raw form. I have never had service quite that good before.

The prices were very reasonable. We had 3 mains, a side of vegetables, 2 desserts, 2 wines and 3 beers for 71 euros.

The mains came with interesting accompaniments. My dish was beef with sliced potatoes with 2 sauces in dishes to add: an apple and horseradish sauce and a cream and chive sauce. The vegetable side was large and you could tell the vegetables were in season. The apple strudel is made on site. The suggested local wines were a good match for our meals.

I just can't speak highly enough of the service we received and the quality of teh food.

Reviewed May 9, 2009

Convenient location on the island. The delicious Felchenfilet Mueller Art was our best meal in Germany. Nice seating inside and out.