$272
$150
  • Room Service
$194
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $240/night.

$140
Medusa Hotel(Lindau)
$150
$222
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 22, 2015

I was concerned after reading the reviews and while they are valid staying in this small town in Germany comes with certain trade offs. Being in town for a conference this hotel is directly across the street and very close to everything in the town. It's small but clean and quiet with great breakfast. Internet is very weak but this is not atypical. The people were friendly in a very German way, kind but somewhat abrupt. I had no issues and its a great place if you plan on enjoying the area and not spending much time in the room.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in Lindau recently and chose Hotel Môve. It was an easy walk from the station and close to everything. We were given a plain but spotlessly clean room facing the street which we thought might be noisy, but was no problem as the Hotel is 'on the wall' which is above the street and traffic. The breakfast choices were varied and very good and the coffee in particular was excellent. We would happily come and stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

• Location: Good – 5 minute walk from the main area
• Cleanliness: Very good
• Service: Excellent,
• Security: Very good
Notes: The lady on reception was very friendly and helpful. We were lucky to get this room as there was a large conference on in Lindau, however, we couldn’t have been happier with where we stayed, it was clean but quite small but served the needs of the basic traveller very well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jess H
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We spent three nights at Hotel Move Garni in Lindau. The room was ok, even though it smelled a bit of old tobacco. The breakfast was great with a lot of different goodies. But we were really surprised about the terrible and insulting service. The lady in the reception told us that she did not like the way we had written to her - we had just asked if we could check-in at 9 pm as our train arrived at that time. We did not see the problem as they answered it was ok. It became pretty clear that she was being rude as we could not shut her mouth with a repartee in German. I guess we were not the first foreigners at the hotel... On the other day we asked about the Wifi which was available for the hotel guests. She answered: "You can't do without internet even on a holiday?". We thought okey, forget it, we thought we were the ones paying for them. It was unbelievable.
On the last morning as we were paying she started to play nice and asked about our trip.... A bit too transparent.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Minna N
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I spent two nights at the Move. This was in September 2012.

Whilst touring Europe on the motorcycle, I decided to visit Lindau and found this hotel. I was welcomed to the hotel and offered a safe place to hold the bike overnight. The room was two star / maybe 3 star, and this was reflected in the nights fee. The location of the hotel is terrific. You couldn't find a better place when visiting the island. The breakfast was very good, and typically European.

Whilst only planning to stay one night, I woke in the morning to find that my bike would not start. The hotel looked after me from this point forward and supported me in getting the bike shipped to a dealer for fixing. The fix to the bike took a few hours, so I decided to stay another night at the Move. Returning to the hotel, was welcomed once again, and the proprietor saved the room for me....just in case.

Sometimes, its the little things that really matter, and when you are alone, many miles from home, support from strangers can be a rare thing. Not at the Move. Next time I am at Lake Constance, I will return to the Move and would not consider any other hotel for my needs on the island of Lindau.

Don't even consider anywhere else, just go to the move and say Richard suggested you stay there for a night or two.

By the way, Lindau Island is one of the best places to stay. Food and wine / beer is great, and the town has great places to see.

Room Tip: Say I sent you.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo