“Great Place to Relax and Surf”

Costanoroeste Surf School
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great Place to Relax and Surf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had a good week chilling out and surfing/kitesurfing. The instructors are really friendly and helpfull. Was pleasantly suprised by the surf house too.

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

CostaNoroeste, Propietario at Costanoroeste Surf School, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you.!!!!!! Ihope all of you keep on surfing,kitesurf or Sup and see you soon fueling your addiction¡¡¡¡Thanks from all Costanoroeste Crew¡¡¡¡¡

Stuttgart, Germany
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Never experienced a worse lesson in kite surf then here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

The complete water start lesson was held via radio and the teacher didn't even get wet by teaching the student. As well as he was very unpolite and very arrogant. It wasn't worth it at all that's the way of putting people of the sport completely.
There are so many other schools so I don't onset stand why these people don't get there arses up and in gear. Rather go and get your lessons somewhere else I actually at completely different experiences in Fuerteventura and Tarifa. So it is possible to have fun and a friendly nice teacher.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank canare
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“friendly and not pushy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I rented a board and wetsuit from Costanoreste, the guy working there is friendly helpful and not pushy.
Recommended

Visited December 2012
San Francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Okay place to learn to surf on a budget”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

I did a surf/kitesurf camp here a few years ago with a friend in September/October. The waves and beach were a good place for a beginner to learn to surf.

We received good instructions in English at the beginning of the group lessons, and were given plenty of time to practice on our own. Our instructor was cool, but at one point I asked for more personal attention, and he teased me by repeating "I need more personal attention" in a mocking voice in front of my friends. He also spent time during the lessons with his beautiful girlfriend. Still, I had lots of fun learning to surf, and enjoyed the quiet town of Famara.

The beginning kitesurfing part of the camp was annoying, but that may have been a misunderstaning. We spent 3 days learning. On day 1, we learned to set up the kite, and fly the kite while standing in place. On Day 2, we learned to drag ourselves on the beach while flying the kite. On Day 3, I expected to actually kitesurf. Instead, we repeated the lessons from Day 1 and 2, and then got to drag ourselves in the water with the kites but no board. They said we had to learn how to pull the kite out of the water before we could take a board, which was fine, but when we learned this skill they made other excuses. In my opinion they had no intention of letting us beginners actually kitesurf over the 3 days, and if I had known this I wouldn't have wasted my time/money on this.

Anyway, it's hard to be too negative. The camp was inexpensive, in a beautiful place, the instructors were laid back and we still had fun.

Visited October 2010