All reviews casa del mar great surfing intermediate level private lesson rooftop terrace days surf great week video analysis green waves surf class living room surfing experience mariano samara accommodation lanzarote wetsuits
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at Redstar shared houses in a shared room with two twin beds and had a great time! The place was clean, the kitchen had everything you needed and the rooftop of the building had amazing views! The people I met in the house were very nice and we became fast friends! I had originally planned my trip for three days, but after having such a wonderful time with the staff and the people in my house I decided to extend my stay by two extra nights. The staff were so helpful in making that happen and also getting me two days of surfing as well. I can’t wait to come back to Famara and I am definitely going to be staying with them again.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked the 5 day course and had 7 nights in casa 55. The surf teachers were great, every day happy and in a good mood and they taught us a lot while being professionally. I would recommend to have 1-2 rest days during the 5 day course, especially if you are a beginner.
The house was clean and cozy. We really enjoyed the roof top terrace. All in all we met nice people and spend our free time together (lunch, dinner, bars etc).
I’ll be back for sure!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I really enjoyed my time at Red Star! The atmosphere is relaxed, but focused. The accommodation is clean and wonderfully set up with a common room/kitchen and roof terrace.
The Beach is very beginner friendly with its steady waves and slowly deepening water. Perfect for first time surfers and children (no dangerous rocks on the most part of the beach).
The waves further out are faster, bigger and more challenging - so advanced surfers can also work on their technique.
The teachers are extremely experienced and a fun bunch of people. The video reviews at the end of a surf day are very helpful.
Everyone cheers on and motivates each other which creates a learning environment with a wonderful vibe.

Shout out to Adri, Gerry and Mariano.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked to stay with Red Star Surf for 34 days and to learn to surf with them.

They have 3 surf houses all of which are clean, tidy and have everything you need. I stayed in Casa Natalia in a single room but I regularly visited the other surf houses to meet up with friends. All of the houses are within a close proximity of each other and not even 5 minutes from the beach (unless your carrying a surfboard it may feel like 20 mins )

The surf lessons were awesome and I could not recommend the school enough! I had never been on a surfboard before but that didn't seem to matter, the instructors were so patient, understanding and full of knowledge!

We would meet at the surf shop at 10am, receive our wetsuits and t-shirt and head to the beach where we would be given some coaching on the sand before going into the ocean. Around 12:30 we stop for a quick snack and water and then head back into the sea to be filmed in the afternoon. Around 2pm we pack up and head back to the shop to see videos that were recorded.The videos are a good way to see how you progress and what you need to work on.

Overall I cannot recommend Red Star Surf enough, not only were they accomodating with any requests I had (Mike and Andri thank you I know I was a pain sometimes), but I felt like I made friends for life.

I have went from never being able to stand up on a board to now riding green waves on a smaller board thanks to Mariano, Gerry and Dom for all of your patience and hard work! You have built my confidence and developed my love for surfing The passion and knowledge you all hold for surfing shines through your teaching.

Thanks again Red Star Surf! You guys are the best! X

Love Jess x

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have had a great time during the surf lessons and we have learned so much in just two days! The hostel was spacious, clean and everything was available. We would definitely recommand!! Thank you for having is!

Date of stay: March 2020