All reviews casa del mar great surfing intermediate level private lesson rooftop terrace days surf great week video analysis green waves surf class living room surfing experience mariano samara accommodation lanzarote wetsuits
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I really enjoyed my time at Red Star! The atmosphere is relaxed, but focused. The accommodation is clean and wonderfully set up with a common room/kitchen and roof terrace.
The Beach is very beginner friendly with its steady waves and slowly deepening water. Perfect for first time surfers and children (no dangerous rocks on the most part of the beach).
The waves further out are faster, bigger and more challenging - so advanced surfers can also work on their technique.
The teachers are extremely experienced and a fun bunch of people. The video reviews at the end of a surf day are very helpful.
Everyone cheers on and motivates each other which creates a learning environment with a wonderful vibe.

Shout out to Adri, Gerry and Mariano.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked to stay with Red Star Surf for 34 days and to learn to surf with them.

They have 3 surf houses all of which are clean, tidy and have everything you need. I stayed in Casa Natalia in a single room but I regularly visited the other surf houses to meet up with friends. All of the houses are within a close proximity of each other and not even 5 minutes from the beach (unless your carrying a surfboard it may feel like 20 mins )

The surf lessons were awesome and I could not recommend the school enough! I had never been on a surfboard before but that didn't seem to matter, the instructors were so patient, understanding and full of knowledge!

We would meet at the surf shop at 10am, receive our wetsuits and t-shirt and head to the beach where we would be given some coaching on the sand before going into the ocean. Around 12:30 we stop for a quick snack and water and then head back into the sea to be filmed in the afternoon. Around 2pm we pack up and head back to the shop to see videos that were recorded.The videos are a good way to see how you progress and what you need to work on.

Overall I cannot recommend Red Star Surf enough, not only were they accomodating with any requests I had (Mike and Andri thank you I know I was a pain sometimes), but I felt like I made friends for life.

I have went from never being able to stand up on a board to now riding green waves on a smaller board thanks to Mariano, Gerry and Dom for all of your patience and hard work! You have built my confidence and developed my love for surfing The passion and knowledge you all hold for surfing shines through your teaching.

Thanks again Red Star Surf! You guys are the best! X

Love Jess x

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have had a great time during the surf lessons and we have learned so much in just two days! The hostel was spacious, clean and everything was available. We would definitely recommand!! Thank you for having is!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I spent a week with Red Star Surf and I couldn't be more excited about my stay. The camp is run by a group of great people that create a cheerful atmosphere. I've been to multiple surf schools and had many different instructors but I can honestly say that Red Star teachers are the best ones. I also did yoga as a part of my package and it was amazing too even though I didn't always have time to attend classes. The acommodation is ideal, houses are beautiful and well equipped. I would recommend Red Star Surf Camp to everyone that would like to spend a very intense and busy surf holiday in a calm, relaxed village of Famara.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I came in Lanzarote because I wanted to improve my surf skills (beginner/intermediate level) , it was supposed to be a SOLO travel, just me, surf and yoga, but it suddenly became more than this.
Thanks to Red Star Surf, and their services I had the opportunity to meet wonderful people and live one of the best experience in my life!
All the instructor are great, you will learn something from each of them, but more than their knowledge what is going to make you fall in love is their passion! ALL OF THEM will make you discover what the real SURF is. ( a special thanks to Mariano and to his professionalism, you made the possible everyday to make us feel as much comfortable as we can, and I promise you I’ll never use the knees anymore )
Also the team of the surf camp will help you with every need (accommodation, renting stuff and booking), and they will try to find best solutions for you!
I was supposed to stay just 5 days but I decided to make it a week because I couldn’t ask anything more from an holiday!
I’ve already planned my holidays for July and I’ll come back there without even thinking about it!

Guys, if you have never surfed, if you have already surfed or if you are already at a good level GO TO RED STAR SURF and you will feel like home.

I will never thank these guys enough!

Hasta pronto Red Star!❤️