All reviews casa del mar great surfing intermediate level private lesson rooftop terrace days surf great week video analysis green waves surf class living room surfing experience mariano samara accommodation lanzarote wetsuits
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I spent a week with Red Star Surf and I couldn't be more excited about my stay. The camp is run by a group of great people that create a cheerful atmosphere. I've been to multiple surf schools and had many different instructors but I can honestly say that Red Star teachers are the best ones. I also did yoga as a part of my package and it was amazing too even though I didn't always have time to attend classes. The acommodation is ideal, houses are beautiful and well equipped. I would recommend Red Star Surf Camp to everyone that would like to spend a very intense and busy surf holiday in a calm, relaxed village of Famara.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I came in Lanzarote because I wanted to improve my surf skills (beginner/intermediate level) , it was supposed to be a SOLO travel, just me, surf and yoga, but it suddenly became more than this.
Thanks to Red Star Surf, and their services I had the opportunity to meet wonderful people and live one of the best experience in my life!
All the instructor are great, you will learn something from each of them, but more than their knowledge what is going to make you fall in love is their passion! ALL OF THEM will make you discover what the real SURF is. ( a special thanks to Mariano and to his professionalism, you made the possible everyday to make us feel as much comfortable as we can, and I promise you I’ll never use the knees anymore )
Also the team of the surf camp will help you with every need (accommodation, renting stuff and booking), and they will try to find best solutions for you!
I was supposed to stay just 5 days but I decided to make it a week because I couldn’t ask anything more from an holiday!
I’ve already planned my holidays for July and I’ll come back there without even thinking about it!

Guys, if you have never surfed, if you have already surfed or if you are already at a good level GO TO RED STAR SURF and you will feel like home.

I will never thank these guys enough!

Hasta pronto Red Star!❤️

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2020

I could not recommend this place more. The area is really great and chilled and the surf is available every day on an incredible beach. The staff are excellent and really improve your surfing and make it fun too! Really great group of people run it and it's a great friendly atmosphere with lots of social events too. Accommodation is ideal and plenty to do around Lanzarote when you're not surfing. I've been on multiple surf trips with different surf companies and these guys are by far the best teachers I've had, and great fun too. Go to Lanzarote and stay and surf with red star surf - you'll have an excellent time and improve your surfing whatever your ability!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2020

I got a really nice week in famara with Redstar! i just visited the House while hanging with the People from the Camp. So the Livingroom and terrace are really comfy and really nice to gather together and have a good time with really nice people, from all over the world through all ages and so on! The surfinstructor are really good in teaching (Gerry and Mariano)! I would say especially the theoretical stuff was one of my best experiences through such different surfcamps and schools. They had designed it every time different to taking account the different individual surfing styles and skills. I really liked that they also filmed the surfing sessions and showed the video with really good advices for next time how to do it.The watching was very familiar and also nice to get in touch with the others. Also in the water they are always keeping an eye on you and will supply with very gamechanging advices. Furthermore redstar organised every time power snacks and drinks for the surfing breaks. I really liked it! They are also well equipped with boards, wetsuits and so on. Furthermore the people in the surf shop were really gentle and nice! They also share their knowledge on events in farmara and surrounding places. In the surfshop you have a really nice selection of clothes, surf and skate stuff. So special thanks to all for all! Hope to see you soon!!! Saludos Francesco!

Reviewed February 26, 2020

This was our forth visit of this wonderful island and best surfing school. And still we want to come back as soon as possible.
Lanzarote is one of the best places to find your peace of mind. No matter what's your surfing experience, all the instructors from Red Star Surf School will help you to get up to speed.
Special thanks go to Mariano, Gerry, Adry and Dom.
¡ Realmente se lo agradezco, chicos! ¡Son los mejores !
---
Mariano, I wish you the fastest recovery; ocean is missing you. ¡ Muchas gracias, te extraño. Eres el mejor !

Room tip: Casa 55 and Casa Natalia have a lovely terrace on the last floor. Casa Del Mar has a room with a fantastic view onto Famara Beach.