“Great coaching and wel run school”

Surf School Lanzarote
More attraction details
Owner description: Do use our website please to find out more about the school and contact details. There you will find out about the course that suits you and all our price structure.
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great coaching and wel run school”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I had a great experience in all aspects of the 3 day course I took in November 2013. All the coaching was top quality and much better than what I am used to at home here in the Basque country. I went to get better at catching unbroken waves but the beach at Famara is not the best for that. I spent most of the time surfing broken waves and perfecting the basics which I really needed- pop up, turns, foot work. They have great boards and even though I dinged one on my day off they didn´t charge me which is quite amazing. Tim the owner is great and a great source of info during and even after the course when you are at home.
I can´t recommend the school enough. The accomodation through the school is excellent for the price and the atmosphere of the town is unbeatable

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Richblit
Surfschoollanzarote, Owner at Surf School Lanzarote, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thanks for that review that's really helpful and do keep in contact . I have to say that you were just unlucky with your 3 days here as far as the surf and unbroken waves and as many of our clients will tell you the beach can have its perfect days for your level of surfing too and of coures beyond .... Next Time !

• Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent surf teaching”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

A professional team of surf teachers kept 3 teenagers and an 8 year rapt and really motivated . We all learnt a huge amount in one week and the teaching of keeping safe in the water was particularly well done and hugely appreciated. We are all keen for more. Many thanks to the excellent team .
Kind regards jo

Visited October 2013
Surfschoollanzarote, Owner at Surf School Lanzarote, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thanks for that and it was great to see the progress that all made. Hope we see yuo again sometime butr do ask surf related questions in the meantime please
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“excellent place to progress”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

we went to Lanzarote for holidays and we came back for Tim & the team. After having attended several different course in the UK, Spain and California we decided to go back to Famara to get some proper coaching and improve our surfing. Do not expect a 2h beginner crash course, this is a proper course where you will get appropriate coaching to your age/fitness/level and "different board for different people".
The team is great fun to be with, their life-long passion for surfing is contagious. Go for it if you're serious about surfing & having a great time
I can only echo previous comments: had a flippin' good time!!!

It's Monday morning and I'm missing my cucumber & cheese sandwich already ....

Visited October 2013
Surfschoollanzarote, Owner at Surf School Lanzarote, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thanks for that, thats a great review ! The sandwich is in the post !
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Flippin' good!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We have been surfing coached by Tim and his team on Famara Beach for the second time and nothing has changed: you will get first class coaching - whatelse, if there is a coach experienced like Tim -, you will always feel save in the water no matter how big the waves are and you will get the best cucumber and cheese sandwiches ever!

Visited October 2013
Surfschoollanzarote, Owner at Surf School Lanzarote, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thats great and its ajoy to know for the consistancy of the sandwiches as well as the coaching ! Thanks
Brescia
“The place you want to be!!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were 5 friends from Italy who were looking for a top level surf school for our camp of 5 days and after many comparisons we decided for Tim and his Surf School Lanzarote at Famara....now I can really say that it was definitely the best decision we could take ever!!
What you get there is just top class coaching and experience in terms of fun, learning and enjoyment.
I really want to thank Tim and his crew (Jake, Dan, Dan, Gillian) for their time, dedication and commitment to the people who are taking the camp.
All aspects are perfectly organized: from accomodation, to scheduling and organization of the lessons, lunch, sessions breaks, information, coaching and all the support you may need in general....all in the fantastic frame provided by the quaint Famara village!
The experience we had, not only made us love surfing and improve our skills, but it made us feel really a part of the passion Tim and all the others have for surfing in all its aspects: from history to design, from technics to enviroment, from philosopy to fun and much much more....which goes even way way beyond an excellent camp!
In a nutshell: if you are looking for a FANTASTIC experience, just do a favour to yourself and ask Tim...'cause that's the place you want to be!!
Alessandro

Visited October 2013
Surfschoollanzarote, Owner at Surf School Lanzarote, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Wow Ale thats such an awesome review .. thanks so much for that .. Ciao to the rest of the team and thanks so much for coming