“Top class coaching,can't wait to go back..”

Surf School Lanzarote
More attraction details
Owner description: Do use our website please to find out more about the school and contact details. There you will find out about the course that suits you and all our price structure.
Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top class coaching,can't wait to go back..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

When we booked our holiday to Lanzarote we decided to book surf lessons, as we really wanted to learn how to catch waves for a long time.
Our approach was: "Yayy, finally we could try to surf! And If we do it, let's do it properly, with the best ones out there!"
After some research we found out that Surf School Lanzarote is actually the best school one can possibly ask for- being the most experienced surf school and camp in Europe, and regarded as one of the best worldwide!
On top of all this, they are the only genuine International Surfing Association Registered School in the Canaries, so we were no longer hesitating which Surf School to choose.
Our plan was to discover the island and finish our holiday off with the surf sessions (planned 3 days only with the Surf School -foolishly). Now we know we should have done it the other way around so we could go back for more-much more.
After 3 days of learning how to surf we found ourselves going back on our last day just to rent some boards and literally kept on chasing waves until we really had to run to catch our plane back, -it was that much fun!
We had our own transport and accommodation, but Tim and his crew are happy to arrange both for any 'student', all you have to do is ask.
The sessions are perfectly structured, the instructors are skilled, highly experienced and great fun.
Tim, Jake and Dan provided coaching on an individual level, according to our abilities. This was really ideal as 'beginner' Mum, the 'intermediate' Son, and 'advanced' Dad, or friends/couples with different levels of surfing abilities could all attend together. Emphasis was placed on technique, style, attitude, fun, oh and safety as well (massively) -we practiced head covers until it absolutely became a reflex.
During lunch brakes Tim and the crew were keen to expand our surfing knowledge with background information on wave formation, surfboard design and loads more -and shared some amazing - , and some hilarious surf stories as well.
To sum it up -we are hooked on. Wanting to go back soo much, and already began thinking of our next visit. And we feel really lucky to have chosen Tim's Surf School, would never go to anyone else on the Canaries,
and only to those Tim suggests outside the Canaries.
Eszter and George

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Eszter N

• Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Changed my life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I went to Lanzarote thinking I could surf a little but what I was actually doing was scrambling up onto a board and moving forward! It wasn't until I spent time with Tim and his team that I really understood what surfing is. Tim's coaching is exactly what it says, 'Coaching' and this makes a huge difference to your experience of waves and how to ride them. This isn't the type of place to come if you just want to mess about but if you really want to learn how to do it right from beginner to advanced, this is the pace to come.

I am totally addicted and have come back relaxed, a bit bruised (worn with pride) and so into surfing I can hardly think about anything else!

Amazing!

Sasha Denny-Morley

Visited August 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An amazing family holiday.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Triathlete Dad, two athletic, sporty teenage boys and then the gym shy Mum. Could an activity based holiday really meet the needs for all the family without leaving Mum out? Well that's exactly what Tim and his team did at Lanzarote Surf School. They catered for all of us, stretching the boys, challenging Dad and being patient with Mum. We all came away feeling like we had achieved something, but most importantly we did it together thanks to excellent way the course works.

2 Thank TracyPitman
Thames Valley
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Excellent coaching”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

I had never surfed before and booked a three day course in February and loved every minute. I stayed in Costa Teguise and was picked up and returned each day which was great as I was travelling solo and didn't want the expense of a hire a car just for me.
The coaches were great; personable, friendly, helpful, experienced and very knowledgable. The coaching was excellent. I arrived with a slight shoulder injury and the coaches helped me work out the best technique to get myself up and I was really pleased to actually surf standing and under control by day three. It's not just surfing, the coaches also cover safety, exercises, tides, wave formation and have the most fantastic anecdotes to entertain you over lunch.
I loved the lunches they provided but they are simple and if you have a large appetite you may want to take your own snacks to suppliment.
You should also think about your level of fitness before you go; the waves and the board can take a pounding on you and you will need upper body strength to get yourself standing but having said that, I managed with an injury.
One warning, dont expect a resort setting where the school train. Famara Beach is just that, a beach. No shops or facilties close by BUT you dont need them.
I have only one negative; I achieved my goal but really, really regretted I had not booked more days! I had a truly fantastic time and highly recommend and will definitely return.

Visited February 2012
Cork
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A School of Excellence !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Our 15yr old daughter has just had her 4th year with Tim & his team at SSL and is counting her days to going back. We were delighted to see her enjoying and improving her skills with every year and had great confidence with the school and it's safety etc.,

Her experience with SSL has encouraged her to get more involved in other water sports and lifeguard training.

As we 'live' on the other side of the Island, there is not much for her to do so this is a fantastic opportunity for any families with teenagers.

Thanks again to all the team in SSL - Hasta Pronto ;) !

Visited April 2012