“Excellent mustard, none of a "tour"”

Historische Senfmuehle
Ranked #2 of 23 things to do in Cochem
Reviewed May 29, 2014

True, the mustard is excellent. It is enough to stop at a shop there and buy it. The "tour" is a visit to one room and being shown two pieces of machinery. On top of that, it is done only in German. I do understand some but this was too technical. So do not bother to pay the admission, just taste the mustard in a shop and buy if you like.

2  Thank IzaBelgium
There are newer reviews for Historische Senfmuehle

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Taste testing the variety of mustards was interesting, but schedule your visit so you can take a tour.

1  Thank Quist17
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The selection of various Mustards was rather unusual. Reisling Mustard and Curry Mustar to name but two. Worth a visit

1  Thank John B
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have been to Cochem four times and love the Mosel Valley.
Every time I go to the shop at Historische Senfmuehle to buy mustard for myself and for presents. The mustard is very good but also expensive. The quality and the story makes it all worth to buy.

1  Thank Volle1953
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was on a tour of Cochem. It is just across the river from the town square. An easy walk across the river and down some stairs. I didn't have time for tour. They give free samples. I bought some for myself and gifts. We love the different flavors. I would have liked to take the tour. This is a true mustard of the region.
Not a tourist place just good mustard. Take the time you will be glad you did.
I heard about it from the Rick Steves's books.

1  Thank justtravelng