1,048 results
All reviews spa services wellness area reception area excellent breakfast homepage extension town
Selected filters
Reviewed March 1, 2017

The hotel has potential it has good facilities, the spa is good but not the best I have been to in Germany, it is also in a good position and is really clean and well maintained but the staff just seemed to not be happy and stressed. The reception staff were friendly but the restaurant and bar area just seemed chaotic we sat in the bar before dinner and as we waited 15 minutes and didn't get our drinks we went into eat just as the drinks arrived. The food for the evening meal also took a long time and when it came we had to send it back. I think it was just our luck everyone else seemed happy enough . It can happen! However everything was redeeemed with breakfast which was really very good the choice was as good as a five star hotel. In terms of the rooms we booked last minute and got a very small room for one night it was ok but for longer I would recommend paying extra for a bigger room. Overall good but for me the staff make a hotel and they just did not come across as happy and that then makes the atmosphere of a hotel in my view "off"

Room tip: Don't book the basic rooms very small
Date of stay: February 2017
1  Thank Sweetyleigh
Reviewed November 11, 2016

Wife and i spent a few days at the hotel. Since the smaller rooms were booked, we got a suite. Very nice and spacious with a steam bath and whirlpool bathtub in the room. Wellness area was awesome...saunas and whirlpools, along with relaxing areas are available throughout the hotel spa area. Meals were good...breakfast was great, but my wife was not overjoyed with the dinners...not a lot of flavor for her taste, veggies could have been cooked a little longer...just did not meet her expectations for a hotel of this class. My dinner dishes were excellent, but we have different tastes sometimes (what married couples don't?). Overall, a very relaxing time well spent.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed July 17, 2016

Such a wonderful location, great facilities, but staff not dynamic. Quite hands-off for a massage and therapy hotel. Felt like a clinic for rehabs rather than an indulgent, fun, privileged place. Overpriced. Staff got our therapy session times mixed up, Felt rushed.

Room tip: Do not expect superior quality the more you pay for a room - we paid extra but overlooked a construction site. Next to road with traffic.
Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank jinksy63
Reviewed July 4, 2016

My mom and I spent a couple of days here relaxing for a girl's getaway. The hotel is absolute beautiful from the restaurant to the pool and spa area. There are so many levels and areas to relax in that it never felt crowd and most times we had areas all to our selves. I loved the steam sauna and at certain times during the day there are free body scrubs to indugle in. We had a package deal that included breakfast and a four course dinner. The breakfast was substantial and left us satisfied until dinner. Dinner was a real treat. Everything was excellent and presented in a gourmet fashion. The staff was very welcoming and accomdating. The only downside are the walls in the room are paper thin. You can hear people's conversation and their TV. The hotel was adding an additional spa area so I would love to see what else they offer.

Room tip: Get a room away from the stairs and not above the kitchen.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Vlo Z
Reviewed August 12, 2015

This is a wonderful hotel in which to relax, eat good food and enjoy a walk in the countryside. The rooms are nice although the layout can be a bit cramped or at least unusual. The breakfasts are fabulous and the staff attentive without being overbearing. Not much English is spoken which is odd but fortunately not an issue with our family. And the Moselle River is a delightful place to cruise!

Date of stay: July 2015