All reviewsst goarstay openthe riverpackbag
Reviewed June 10, 2018

I stayed here with a friend as part of a Contiki tour and we essentially had the hotel to ourselves. The bed was comfy and the room was a good size. We had a great dinner made by the hotel including various sausages, potatoes, potato pasta, beans and corn. It was really good! Note that there is no lift so it may be inconvenient to lug a rolling suitcase up the stairs. Larger backpacks and small suitcases are definitely manageable as the stairs are not too steep. The bar had reasonable prices and lots of chairs/tables. The hotel is on a cute little street with a couple of shops and a gelato place.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2017

Stayed here while on a Contiki tour. I had read alot of poor reviews about this hotel and bedbugs being present so I was very unhappy to be staying here. HOWEVER, now that I have stayed there myself and did not experience any bedbugs I have to disagree with the bad reviews! Sankt Goar is a beautiful little town and Hotel Montag suits the place perfectly. There isn't a lift but this wasn't a problem for us as we were traveling light (One Pack each). The rooms were comfortable which is all you need because the best part of Sank Goar isn't in your hotel it's outside. We had breakfast which included some traditional German foods and it was nice to have a hot breakfast as typical European breakfast is more continental. Loved it and will probably be back!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sarahv902
Reviewed August 5, 2017

We stayed here for one night on our Contiki tour. From what I can remember it was very very basic accommodation but located right in the Rhine Valley with the most spectacular views. This hotel also provided our dinner which was homemade by the owners (average but appreciated, especially as it was 2 contiki groups). There was no lift, only stairs and the bedrooms were bland, dark and rather empty but this was quickly forgiven after a quick look out of the window onto the beautiful quirky streets of St Goar :)

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2017

We spent one night here while on our contiki trip. We were told to pack an overnight bag because the stairs weren't big enough to drag suitcases up. We didn't have giant suitcases like everyone else so we managed fine with our normal bags. The dinner room was large and we had a very good meal of sausages and potatoes. Very good indeed. We had a wine tasting experience just outside of the hotel. I don't drink wine but I'm sure everyone else enjoyed it. The room itself was very average. The light was a bit dim and the bathroom was tiny, but for just one night, it was fine. I'm not sure how many other hotels there are in St. Goar, so this one is just fine for one night.

Room Tip: Don't bring massive heavy cases in to the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2017

St Goar is a really lovely place, the kind of place that would make for a beautiful hidden-gem honeymoon destination. Hotel Montag is right near the river and our room up on the third floor had a lovely view. You might want to arrange for reception to stay open if you want to come back late at night though as we returned from a midnight walk and found everything locked, luckily friends opened for us from the inside. The traditional dinner we were served was amazing so a big thank you for that!

Room Tip: Third floor double room had a nice view
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends