“St. Goar”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Sankt Goar
Tell City, Indiana
“St. Goar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

upon your rating and reviews posted by others, I must say our stay in St. Goar was lovely and mostly due to our accomodations and the help of Gil at the Rheinhotel. Our room was somewhat modest but very clean with a beautiful view of the Rhine. Very convienently located near the train station and all the attractions that St. Goar and Rhine Valley has to offer. The breakfast was beautifully diisplayed and enjoyable. I would very much recomend this hotel and all that it has to offer.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Hebrew first
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

This was my favorite hotel during our 2 week Germany travels. I booked directly with hotel so I could request rooms overlooking the Rhein. Spectacular view from the rooms. One of our rooms had a balcony, which cost an extra 25 euro a night, but was priceless. (Balcony rooms go fast, so book in advance.) Excellent value -- single room facing river only 60 euro/night. Double with balcony only 95 euro/night. Owner runs hotel and provides good help and advice with sightseeing, train times, restaurants, etc. Hotel is 1 block from train station and directly across street from where KD Rhine river boats load and unload. Good breakfast and free internet. There is no elevator and expect one to 3 flights of stairs.

Room Tip: Contact hotel directly to request rooms that face Rhine River, and to request a balcony room. Owner...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

All I can say is KEEP AWAY from this hotel. It had great reviews on tripadvisor but sad that it turned out to be a bad hotel. Small hotel. No elevator. We got a room right off the stairs.We could hear anyone walking outside because of the wood floors creaking. At night we had to use the back door entrance to enter with our key as none was availableafter 5 PM. The bathroom was unbelievably tiny. Hated it. Breakfast was worst. The guy who owned the place was helpful. Overall bad choice. I wouldn't stay in St.Goar at all. Nothing to do after 5 PM. All restaurants and stores are closed. Rick steves recommended staying at St. Goar but its a bad idea.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank venntul
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

We arrived into St. Goar in the middle of the day and started looking for a hotel, we managed to get the last room at Rheinhotel, but were fortunate to do so! The manager was extremely helpful, and welcoming at every moment, I don't think I have seen a person running a hotel that has been this good!

the breakfast we great, and the rooms were comfortable. I cannot say how much we enjoyed our stay here, and would recommend the accommodations to anyone!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Signal Mountain, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

My son and I stayed 2 nights in St. Goar and had an interesting experience with 2 hotels in the same town. Due to a mix up in booking we stayed at this hotel one night and the pink hotel next door one night- Hotel Rheinfels. We got the balcony room in both hotels. It had a really pretty view of the Rhine but we were so busy sight seeing that it was really a waste to get the balcony room. This hotel charged 90 euro for the balcony room and Hotel Rheinfels charges 120 euro for a very similar room. My suggestion is get this hotel, skip the balcony, but get the Rhine view and it is only 65 euro. The owner was very helpful for the short time we were there. The room was clean, basic and comfortable. They let us check in really early which was nice because we had to catch a train and we did not want to haul our luggage all around town. Noise was not an issue here at all. This town served as a great base for viewing many castles along the Rhine and Mosel. The train station and K-D boat doc are so close but we never had any issue with noise. I can not comment on breakfast because we skipped breakfast on the day we checked out. Do not miss a great Italian meal in this town at Alla Fontana. We stumbled upon it and it was so good the first night that we went back the next night. Oh my.. really nice, great prices and wonderful food.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelerfromSM
Villers-la-Ville, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Not a lot to say except that it was an excellent choice - middle of the town, close to restaurants and by the Rhine.
The room was quite spacious and spotlessly clean and in good decor - suspect it had recently been decorated.
As has been mentioned by other visitors, the breakfast was great with plenty of everything.
Also, as stated elsewhere, the Manager was extremely helpful in advising what to do, see and visit - apart from which, a nice guy!!!
We stayed in a room not overlooking the Rhine - which in hindsight was not a bad idea as the main road between Koblenze & Bingen runs outside the front of the hotel so I suspect, would have been noisy. Anyway who stays in the room all day?
Shall certainly go back and stay in the same place as it was also reasonably priced - €65 for the room including breakfast for two.

Room Tip: Take a room that doesn't overlook the Rhine. Otherwise it could be noisy.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NICOL62
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

I stayed here with my partner and both my parents. I had booked two rooms, but upon arrival found that we had been separated on different floors, which was a little inconvenient. The location is easy to find - right on the main road and our rooms overlooked the Rhine. The road noise was pretty loud throughout the night, so we had to keep the window shut.

The rooms were tastefully decorated and very clean with a flatscreen TV. The only complaint I have is for the layout of our room - the bed was pushed right up underneath the window and the curtain hung far out from the window, dangling just above our faces, so that the street light from outside beamed straight on in our eyes (see photo)!! Terrible placement! My parents room didn't have this problem however.

Other than sleep quality, our stay was great, and our host was really friendly, offering lots of local advice on Rhine ferries, towns to visit and restaurants, etc. Breakfast in the morning was great with a wide range of yummy options. I would stay here again, just ask for a room with a bed away from the window!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bed not close to the window, and adjacent rooms if you are a family.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Rhine Hotel Zur Loreley
Rhine Hotel Zur Loreley
#4 of 14 in Sankt Goar
Hotel Restaurant Altkolnischer Hof

Been to Rheinhotel St. Goar? Share your experiences!