My husband took me there as a surprise on Thanksgiving. It was cold and there was some snow on the ground, but it was amazing. The staff were great. The food was good. The chef had spent time in the states and so we were able to communicate just fine. He was friendly and helpful as was everyone else.We even walked down the mountain into St Goar and the people were very friendly there as well. Although the pool wasn't quite as warm as I would have liked, my husband loved it. All in all we had a great time, although the castle part was closed and I would have liked to have gone exploring there. But I loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nowhere in the world you can find an area with as many castles, steep vineyard slopes and narrow alleys with half-timbered houses as in the valley of the Loreley (UNESCO world heritage site). Embedded into this beautiful landscape and located on the Rhine heights opposite the legendary "Loreleyfelsen" (rock of Loreley) is the Romantik Hotel Schloss Rheinfels. The hotel is part of the castle Rheinfels, the largest fortress ruin on the central Rhine. All 63 rooms, suites and apartments are located in the Schloss Rheinfels, the Villa Rheinfels and the apartment house at Gut Rheinfels. The four-star-superior-hotel offers a rustic restaurant with a large terrace overlooking the River Rhine, an elegant castle restaurant with winter garden, an exquisite fine-dining-restaurant as well as two bars and a Wellness & Spa area with saunas, indoor swimming pool, massage and beauty centre. The rooms and suites range between 24 to 38 square metres, the apartments have 75 square metres. All rooms are non-smoking and equipped with telephone, high-speed-internet-access, mini bar and safe. Wireless LAN is available at the conference centre.The castle was restored with the most modern equipment while keeping the preservation of the medieval surrounding in mind. A special atmosphere is created by exquisite antiques, stylish paintings, noble materials and details, warm and bright colours.The area offers plenty opportunities like hiking, play golf, taking a cruise on the River Rhine or visit the many castles, little villages and vineyards. The Conference Centre at Villa Rheinfels - awarded with the price “Best Conference Hotel of Germany” - has 5 meeting rooms, an open air conference room as well as a nature and a didactic exhibition for outdoor activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Romantik Hotel Schloss Rheinfels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Romantik Hotel Sankt Goar
- Romantik Hotel Schloss Rheinfels Germany/Sankt Goar