“A charming place”

Bellevue Rheinhotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Boppard
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stood in this hotel during a business trip and must say that this place, although having become a little bit aged, is very charming. The people in the hotel are extremely friendly and the service is absolutely professional. My room (208) was very quiet (not to the riverfront) but relatively small. Everything was very clean and I must say that I have no criticism to raise. The food in the restaurant was great and the breakfast offers a great variety. All in all, I can say that this is a place worth to stay at. It is not excellent but simply very good. It is absolutely worth the price.

Room Tip: 208 is small but quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This has become our family favourite and we try to visit once a year. It is very grand, old school service. It is like going back in time to a place of elegance an charm. The restaurant is fantastic. The bar is very welcoming. The hotel is full of special pieces i.e. the charming lift and the big bath in the spa!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JoMayMurphy
Reviewed January 31, 2014

If there was a 3.5 score available or even a "Good" I'd have given that, but I could NOT bring myself to give our stay a VERY GOOD. We stayed here in 2004 and loved it so much that when we started planning this visit, the Bellevue was on the short list of hotels. The problem came in that our 2004 visit was during the peak season when everything was open while this visit was in November when (according to staff) a good portion of the hotel was closed. I bring this up because the room, while more than adequate, was nowhere near to the quality we had experienced nine years ago (even when comparing it to pictures from 2004 to make sure out memory wasn't off). The other problem was that all five people in our party agreed that the beds were WAY too hard, so bear this in mind when considering the property.

Now the positives:
(1) the location is IDEAL for exploring the region. And don't worry so much about the comments about the trains and their noise. Yes, they are frequent, but they are nowhere near as noisy as trains in the States (more of a whooshing sound than a rumble). Also, you get used to them fairly quickly, even if the windows are open. Also, your location on the river gives you some wonderful views if you are fortunate to have a room on the front.
(2) Cleanliness - for the most part, everything was perfectly clean. And the one problem I had wasn't the hotel's fault as some jerk decided to break the smoking rules and I had to deal with the ashtray stench for two days before it aired out!
(3) Service - each staff member I dealt with was professional, VERY polite, and VERY helpful in the few times I had a problem. Even when my circuit blew and had no power at 11:30 at night, the desk clerk went above and beyond to successfully get it fixed as the hotel was full and I had nowhere to move that HAD power.

So, would I recommend this property? Yes, but with a few caveats so people knew what they were in for. It's good, especially for the price, but it has its foibles!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and get a room facing the river.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank WineTraveller
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed here December 2013. Old charm family run hotel, even though it is now part of a chain. We went for an upgrade room which was not that expensive. This gave us wonderful view of the river. Point to note is that railway line the other side of the river seems to run all night with goods trains - if you were a light sleeper this might be irritating, especially in the Summer with windows open.
Hotel rooms and facilities spotless and very comfortable. The meals were most enjoyable, especially the breakfast with smoked salmon and scrambled eggs as a treat.
Would return.

Room Tip: Front rooms for a view but some train noise Back rooms I imagine would be quitter
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The hotel was old fashioned comfort. The staff were very efficient and hospitable. We arrived at 9pm and were made to feel very welcome. They gave us food and lovely wine. The swim in the morning was great after our long drive the previous day. We left happy.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The hotel is more than 100 years old. The style with big fluffy carpets and wood on the walls combined with gold shining brass elements is awsome. The spa is nice but there were nowhere slippers to find. Everythings else is great and you can really get great deals. The prices for the drinks and also the minibar are fair. Our room was big and very clean. The bath room with a shower and tub was modern. The breakfast was also very good.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Had a 3 night break here and had a lovely time, Pleasing decor and style with the staff very friendly and helpful and lovely village (although be warned I could not find an outside local German bar/stube that abided the smoking ban, hotel bar is rather good though) We had room 207 which I would recommend as it was large and quiet (end of corridor with Rhine view) Food at the hotel is ok and fairly priced, breakfast is partly English and pretty good. Beds could have been better, the usual double created by two singles and mattress not the best. However a good nights sleep and enough room.

Not sure why the other moaning posts on noise....might be an issue in the summer as no aircon and then with the windows open you would hear the freight trains over the river. But you will get that with any hotel in Boppard I would think. We were fine and I have the impression that the very capable staff would address any issue you may have.

Only downside was the odd coach group, but they were always out early and back late, for me it was just hearing the English tourists in the bar....sigh...nothing worse than a opinionated loud yorkshire man:) bit embarrassing:) Entschuldigung mein Deutsch Freunde, sehr geduldig sind Sie und danke du bist

Room Tip: Must have Rhine view
1  Thank matthewsnowy