“Abismal”
Review of Hotel L'Europe

Hotel L'Europe
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Boppard
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I went on a school trip with my year and as we got to the hotel it seemed nice but as i got to my room i went for a shower and the shower head fell on me knocking me out cold for a few senconds and i found my self laying in a pool of dirty sewage water. I also got acused of breaking a screw on light bulb because i touched it and it fell off and smashed. The owner stared at me awkwardly when this happened she hurt my eyes! The food was terrible and i dont fancy having hairs in my soup every day for breakfast. Id rather eat the clay of the tennis court next to it. When we were on the boat we all had bananas that we chucked off the boat whilst the teacher wasnt looking. The beds were like sleeping on rocks i felt like fred flinstone.Mine was a metal one which squeaked whenever I moved I was forced to sleep on the beetle infested floor!

Room Tip: Dont go, or good luck
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
16  Thank Liam G

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed here in July 2013 with school for a week. It was alright, but the staff seemed a little 'pissed off' with a school being here. There was only about 40 of us and 7 teachers. The food was horrible. Every day we would always nag are teatchers to get us out so we could buy pizzas, ice creams etc. in the local village. The rooms were not nice. (I would never stay there with my family!) but I think they were fine for schools like us to stay in as it was not like we were going to some fancy 5* place! Apart from the food, staff and terrible decor the rooms had very nice views if you were in the back of he hotle but the front had a REALLY loud train go past every so often! But luckily at the back and it was really nice.

The tv dident work :( and we weren't aloud to open the widows and it got really hot, there was no air cons etc but as I said, it wasn't 5*!

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back of the hotel as it has the nicest views!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This hotel does not make the best of itself it's position is outstanding, as usual in Germany very clean, The breakfast was good and plentiful. The rooms let them hotel down the fixtures and fittings were broken and old in the bathroom. The bedroom furniture was old and worn, the decor austere and dated. The bed was excellent. A little spent on the rooms would transform the place

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MickTGargrave
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice and it never stops to amaze me the staff are excellent and the rooms are clean and the food I had was very good even as I was with a school group the drinks are cheap I can't wait to go again as I loved the view right on the rhine the only downside to it is the train track is just across the road

Room Tip: the rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jat999
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I went to this hotel on a school trip and was looking forward to it a lot. However, there were a number of problems. Firstly, we had no light in the bathroom and after waiting three days we were able to shower and use the bathroom while able to see. Once we could see we saw that the bathroom was dirty and that there was a layer of dead bugs on all the shelves. A day later, our room was infested with bugs and we had to move. The food was terrible and it seemed like they were just feeding us what they found at the bottom of the fridge. We had bread rolls for breakfast lunch and dinner for seven days and there was often not enough to go around. Honestly, I saw few good things in this hotel but had an amazing time in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Tsobunny
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This hotel is absolutely fine. No, it's not the height of luxury but I'm not sure what some people were expecting. It's perfectly set up for school groups - the dining area is buffet style and just what students are used to in their school canteens - they collect their food and clear up after themselves. There was always a salad option and a couple of main course options each time, all perfectly acceptable. The staff were efficient and friendly, coping admirably with the swarms of British school children.

Can't say I noticed anything wrong with the toilet paper and we had no problem with flies even though it was very hot. There were shutters on the doors to the balconies which seemed to keep the bugs out. Don't let some of the other reviews on Trip Advisor put you off if you're on a school trip - we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Julie B
Reviewed June 3, 2013

From the outside the hotel looks like a wonderful escape to paradise, with the river gleaming in the background and the lovely flower pots situated across the land. However, looks are deceiving. This hotel is Rubbish! After entering the main "hotel", you get the lovely aroma of Wee and cigarettes. After Being glared at by two freaky old german twins, we had to go up a stairs which were a perilous fire hazard. Our room was minusule and obviously was meant fot 2 people, but they added two extra "beds" in. The beds, if you can call them that, were just a mattress on the floor with what looks like curtains as duvets. The hotel is populated with fake flowers, dust and a horrible aroma, proberly coming from the food. The food was dog meat infested with hair and fat, lacking any nutritional values. Nobody wanted to eat. However, we were forced to due to a stern man checking our plates. While we were away, the hotel broke into our rooms and "cleaned up" by throwing our belongings under the bed. Dont get me wrong boppard is lovely, the hotel however was a different matter. BEWARE OF THE TWINS!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends