“Not a Hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel L'Europe

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boppard
Hotel L'Europe
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Boppard
Harpenden, United Kingdom
“Not a Hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have recently returned from a holiday from Rhineland in Germany with my school in which we stayed in this grotty 'hotel'. As pupils we had been told that we were staying a hotel in the beautiful hills of Boppard overlooking the Rhine, admittedly the 'hotel' is situated in a fantastic spot and the views are spectactular however the 'Hotel' itself did not live up to expectation! The rooms are tired and outdated and the bathrooms worse; sandpaper-like toilet roll and a leaking shower is not my idea of luxury! The food was also not fantastic, with one choice for dinner(take it or leave it), and the same starter every night (mushroom soup from a powder) it reminded me of a youth hostel! The host was an utter control freak and hates children, at one point she abducted my friend and screamed in his face for running down an empty corridor?! Overall I can say that if you are looking for a holiday where your want an host is an angry, child hating control freak as your host, sand paper toilet roll, and a hotel where you have no choice of what you want to eat then this is the one for you!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ed D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Paisley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Just returned from a trip here with 53 primary children and 6 colleagues. We had a wonderful time - we were treated very kindly by all the staff and the owner was most kind and caring towards pupils. Rooms were the best we have had and pupils had plenty of space. I would happily recommend this hotel to other schools.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank mobbi
Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

The room was horrible (it looked exactly like a youth hostel room). The linens were red/pink, dirty, with holes and patches (I have never seen something like that before and I traveled around whole Germany and have been already in around 30 hotels). There were stains on the wall, holes in the very old furniture and the beds were a table practically on the floor and a dirty floor (my partner, who is German, told me that she would not sleep in that linens and she will sleep fully clothed). The vision of the bathroom was even worse, grotesque (dirty, with heir on the shower and even the toilet paper was the same one poor and gray quality I had when I did my military service 25 years ago but it is something you don´t use it in a hotel).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Chema P

Travelers are raving about these Boppard hotels

Newport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

Excellent location in which to explore this beautiful area. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are excellent. The toilet roll was poor but take your own - no big deal!! The food was very good. The downstairs room where we had a disco and bingo was an excellent facility. The lady of the hotel is very strict and a bit unrealistic of what teenage childern are wanting to do, but maybe it is because we are to liberal? The overall price of this trip gave good value. We will be back next year!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank malpasnew
Braunton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

We took just over forty 11 and 12 year olds here for four nights. I read the reviews and took toilet rolls which I was glad I did. I must admit though the rooms were clean with towels, hot clean showers and hot radiators when you turned them on.
The food was salty but we had fresh mashed potato and also homemade soup on 3 of the four nights. The chicken was really nice and moist and being a former chef I could't complain. I did find it strange to have rice with every meal as well as chips, mash and pasta. Fresh salad was also available each night. We also has gammon one night which had no fat on at all and was very tasty.
Now for my moan. Greta the owner, whilst advertising for school parties was not accommodating at all to the staff and when we arrived I was given a big list of rules for the hotel. On our last night we had prize giving and a talent show the pupils were so well behaved and we we disappointed when Greta came in and moaned that we were all up too late and could we be quiet. I think we had amazing children who behaved impeccably and they didn't deserve to be treated by this lady who obviously preferred middle aged German visitors to us.
After we got the children in bed and quiet, there was nowhere we could all go together to have a chat about the plans for the next day. The restaurant was shut, the bar shut apart from a German party one night, so we ended going to one of our rooms and bringing in chairs so we could all sit down together.
Boppard is a beautiful town to visit and the Rhineland is a must to explore especially Fantasialand. Turners coach company at Chumleigh looked after us wonderfully and our driver Jay was great with the kisand joined in with us which the kids thought was great fun. Greta must however either not advertise for school parties or if she does she needs to make herself more accommodating to them

• Stayed October 2011
5 Thank Golbalfoodie
Kettering
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

My Daughter recently returned from this so called Hotel, she stayed there for five days and four nights whilst on a school trip.
She had to endure a small room with four other students, they were not allowed to open the windows or use the balcony meaning the room was very stuffy.
The toilet rolls provided are like using old newsprint!
No Towels provided
Mouldy carpet on the floor in the shower
Food is of a terrible standard
instant mash with nutmeg and lashings of salt
Soup with lashings of salt
all meat was dry and overcooked
same yellow rice every mealtime
breakfast choice of cornflakes or bread rolls everyday
Very Rude staff in the dining room who take no notice when saying you dont want something put on your plate, they just slop it all on and shout at you in their own mother tongue.

All this for £460 what a bargain .........
Even if the hotel charged £200 per person, my daughters room would have generated £1000 for 4 days which is what you would expect to pay in a 4-5 star Hotel in a Alpine resort or large city not a outdated grubby little hotel in a small town.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank Bernerlu
Ashbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

School visit. We were there last year as well and wrote a long positive review. We would just like to say that we were once again very pleased with the highly organised staff and the rooms. The food is excellent for school groups - very worthwhile going and finding out what the system is before taking your group in so that it runs smoothly. One think that I didnt mention last year is to teach the students how to use the windows so that they dont have them fully open (needs to be on the risk assessment really as it's a potential hazard if they have them fully open and lean out). We'll be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business