Review Highlights
Exhilarating Experience At Only 1,50 Euro

My wife and I had to experience this thing called the Graduation Tower. Check out Wikipedia to... read more

Reviewed May 21, 2023
Jim W
Sindelfingen, Germany
via mobile
great learning

Going up close to the water and Brush. Smelling the salty air. the day I went it was 35 Deg. C and... read more

Reviewed November 19, 2022
cabby1215
Shaftesbury, United Kingdom

All reviews salty air works benefit euro science brush tower
Selected filters
Reviewed October 9, 2016

While you go "inside" the salt-works to pay your admission and access the stairs to go up, once you are upstairs, you go back outside to walk along the balcony that goes around the entire building. The structure of the walls of the building where the water flows is quite interesting and the overall 'architecture', if you can call is that, is awe-inspiring.

Although this isn't really a place to hang out for very long and there is very little information about what you are seeing (and absolutely nothing in English) it costs very little to gain entrance (<$2 pp) and was worth doing. The structure itself is fascinating and while locals told us to save our euros and just see if from the outside, we found it worthwhile to go in and up to get a closer look.

I do wish there was information about how the process is carried out in the building. As far as health benefits, I can't address that. I didn't sense any except for the peace that came from walking the entire balcony circuit on a day when it was relatively quiet there.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

I'd never heard of this before although I've seen the building and wondered what it was. It was a nice way to spend an hour or so wandering around the most unusual structure. I could definitely feel that my sinuses were clearer by the time I left. Well worth the visit

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed August 17, 2016

This is truly a special building. Take your time to study how this spectacular structure could influence your health. Breath in the air with the minerals that should have a good effect on your health, and simply enjoy the great view on the Weinstrasse.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed July 20, 2016

A pleasant and nice way to spend a hours in Bad Durkheim. It's a very unusual structure even if you don't care for the health benefits.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed June 29, 2016

This is a very unique structure that a lot of Germans feel helps you breathe better - I'm not totally convinced, but it was massive and interesting to experience. It is located in a very cute town, and I enjoyed the beautiful gardens and shoppes that were near the Saline.

Date of experience: June 2016