“Manchmal sehr gut und manchmal sehr schlecht”
Review of Cedrics

Cedrics
Ranked #14 of 144 Restaurants in Ratingen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2017

You never know what you might get at Cedrics and have had excellent dining experiences as well as very bad ones. I have had dinner at Cedrics over the past 20 years and last night was the absolute worst: very slow service from a waitress who was obviously not professionally trained (which you would expect at a higher end restaurant in Germany) and the food was mediocre at best. I have also had absolutely perfect service and excellent dishes in the past, but it is really hit or miss. We were a party of 7 last night and the restaurant was not crowded. It took 1 1/2 hours for our food to arrive and the waitress never came by to let us know or apologize for the length of time. My sautéed mushrooms were gummy and I only received part of my meal. My husband's skillet meal was toxically salty. When we ordered dessert, the first one arrived very quickly, while a second order took 30 minutes to arrive. The waitress was not around when we needed something and it took too long for her to reappear. The only reason I continue to go to this restaurant is because my 90 year old mother likes it and has nice memories of family events at this restaurant. I am not planning to go back again though.

Reviewed April 7, 2017

I was on a business trip in Ratingen and a colleague of mine took me to Cedric's. I had the goat cheese: Gratinierte Ziegenkäse-Crostinins which was excellent. I wish I could have it more often :) The atmosphere of the restaurant was also very nice and welcoming.

Reviewed March 18, 2017

On our way home we made a de-tour from the high way especially to have dinner in this restaurant. The days menu was a very tasty dish and also for desert there was a special delicious offer. We have enjoyed dinners here a number times and have sofar always enjoyed it. Because the restaurant is often very busy, it is recommended to make a reservation.

Reviewed July 14, 2016

Decent German and some Italian food. Excellent service and nice room. I found the cooking a little uninspiring, but it was tasty, and the desserts were good.

Reviewed April 9, 2016

This is an excellent restaurant that I highly recommend. I had 3 meals there with my colleagues and I we were always 100% satisfied. The service is really professional, the food is delicious. Really good quality/price report.