“Beer & Steak Yum!”

Alt Derp - Haus Stassen
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Kevelaer
Cuisines: Steakhouse, German, Barbecue, European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Truro, United Kingdom
“Beer & Steak Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Very traditional and sort of old fashioned but I liked it. Loads of different beers and these amazing dry aged steaks. The service was good and quick and the waitress spoke good english which was helpful. I didn't book but arrived quite early. I could see it getting very busy in the evenings

Visited September 2013

Earth, Texas
“Best dry-aged steak ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Due to operational reasons my flight back to the US was canceled and I was re-routed through the tiny Weeze airport with a fairly weird connection in London. Since I had a longer layover I decided for an early dinner in the nearby town of Kevelaer and ended up in this very special restaurant. The atmosphere was great! After I spotted the dry-aging room right on the premises I decided to try the dry-aged T-bone. First I was a little bit reluctant since I had a lot of dry-aged meats in the US before and sometimes it is of rather questionable quality and taste. So I was absolutely overwhelmed on the fantastic taste as well as the generous serving size of my 23 oz (!) T-bone steak. I ordered it medium-rare and it came exactly this way. In terms of dry-aged steaks I would say that this was one of the best ever! Sides likes fries and bearnaise also tasted yummy. Staff was super friendly and efficient. Not cheap regarding the steaks but absolutely worth the money and much better than the usual Capital Grill or Smith and Wollensky meat. Hope to return.

• Visited August 2013
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent schnitzel, service and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I recently enjoyed a meal with 3 colleagues, without checking the restaurant first. We were very surprised by the quality of the food and pleasant atmosphere. The waiter spoke good English and we were seated quickly and soon enjoying a beer. We all ordered schnitzel of varying styles. My wiener schnitzel was huge and excellent quality, my colleagues had pan schnitzel with potatoes, which equally as good. Far too full to contemplate deserts! The restaurant does specialise in steak, all matured on site and visible in a custom cool store, but the prices were beyond our corporate allowance. We would certainly return next time in town.

1 Thank Phillip_Leslie_1961
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A Steak to travel for !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

The food is excellent, my husband had the steak he said its the best hes ever.I had the burger it was amazing. There was a lovely atmosphere. The only downside was I couldnt get a sweet, because the table next to us took 50 minutes to square up there bill because everyone at the table wanted to pay seperate. Is that what they call going Dutch ? But we got an irish coffee so it wasnt so bad.

• Visited March 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Spotless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had a great fillet steak here. Service was excellent and the manager is asking the customers about the food quality and taste. We had a ten minute chat as I recall. This is a top class restaurant : quality , quantity, value and service.

• Visited March 2012