On a short notice trip to Bonn I was dismayed to find all my regular hotels booked and was "forced" to stay in this most magnificent piece of history. As you climb the hil the anticipation builds until from out of the woods emerges a stunning property.The view and ambiance are unparalleled. As i was on a business trip I did not splurge at all and had a rather basic single room, which considering the time I was there was sufficient. Had I been on a pleasure trip I most certainly would have upgraded. The hotel was not overly busy and I was allowed fairly free access to all areas that my short time allowed. It was a wonderful tour through history and a new discovery at each turn. This is a hotel the super fit would relish as there are stairs everywhere. While I was there the lift nearest my room was out of service which made for interesting entry and exit with the luggage (however it was my choice as the hotel had offered assistance).Staff at the front desk were exceptional while those in the restaurant for dinner sub par and unaccommodating. Dinner menu was interesting but expensive and certainly not very filling. However the fresh air and relaxed atmosphere were most welcome. I would stay again without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for its history as the guest house of the Federal Republic of Germany the Steigenberger Grandhotel Petersberg nowadays still welcomes guests by classical elegance and comfort on the highest standard, as well as the legendary view over the idyllic Rhine valley. In the middle of Germany's oldest nature reserve you may take a deep breath of the clear, fresh air and calm down from any daily stress. The magnificent architecture of the hotel's exterior is reflected in the exclusive elegance of its interior. The thoughtfully chosen furnishings and hand-picked details lend a unique atmosphere to every one of our 99 rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Steigenberger Grandhotel Petersberg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Grandhotel Petersberg Hotel
- Steigenberger Grandhotel Petersberg königswinter