We stayed one night in a suite at the Steinberger Hotel Petersburg Konigswinter in Bonn (Germany) using a bongo bon "dream weekend" for 500 €. This is the first time ever we write a review, but our stay was so dissappointing we absolutely wanted to help other people to avoid such an experience.
1) When we arrived our reservation was not recorded in their system and so checking in took a long time.
2) The suites are completely outdated and urgently in need of a renovation and redecoration
3) The walls were dirty
4) The seats were discolored with age and there were burn marks on it.
5) The doors, cabinets and carpets were all damaged by wear and there were stains on the linen of the pillow
6) The TV had an outdated CRT screen instead of an LCD screen
7) there was always a very disturbing noise in the room (probably from the airco)
8) We had absolutely no sense of luxury in the suite.
8) There was also no drink provided on the arrival regardless of what was in the minibar (a bottle of sparkling water was brought only hours later).
9) There was no water kooker, tea or coffee to drink in the room.
10) There was only 1 pillow per person provided and there were no extra pillows in the room
11) the bed was made up of two twin mattresses
12) We ate a four course meal in the à la carte restaurant, but this dissappointing considering it was a five star hotel.
12.1) We had a long wait at the door before someone came to our table to offer.
12.2) The waiters had absolutely no feeling for the necessary etiquette
12.3) The first waiter filled the glass for white wine with water. The second waiter poured white wine the glass already filled with water
12.4) It was very quiet in the restaurant. There were only 7 tables and there were 4 waiters available. Nevertheless, our empty wine glasses not refilled on time and we always had to ask to have them refilled. The bottle of wine was waiting at the table in an ice bucket. We could not do it ourselves without getting wet.
12.5) When the bread was finished, this was not replenished for the rest of the evening.
12.6) The food was below
expectations. The goose liver terrine was still frozen. The tomato soup was too spicy. The chicken was much to salt and deep fried.
13) The sauna and steam bath in the wellness center were not functioning. There was no one present in the wellness center. After calling the front desk for help it came only half an hour later. By the time the infrastructure was on the right temperature we were an hour further.
You may be sure that we do not exaggerate. Our goal is to prevent other couples of having such a disappointing experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for its history as the guest house of the Federal Republic of Germany the Steigenberger Grandhotel Petersberg nowadays still welcomes guests by classical elegance and comfort on the highest standard, as well as the legendary view over the idyllic Rhine valley. In the middle of Germany's oldest nature reserve you may take a deep breath of the clear, fresh air and calm down from any daily stress. The magnificent architecture of the hotel's exterior is reflected in the exclusive elegance of its interior. The thoughtfully chosen furnishings and hand-picked details lend a unique atmosphere to every one of our 99 rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Steigenberger Grandhotel Petersberg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Grandhotel Petersberg Hotel
- Steigenberger Grandhotel Petersberg königswinter