“very nice”

Maritim Hotel Koenigswinter
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Konigswinter
Reviewed January 25, 2013

5 star hotel on the river side. we arrived on a very snowing day and cold weater. the reception was fast and we had our room. nice clean and worm. we had diner at the hotel. was nice and service was good. we recomend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Arie2216
Gabriele B, Manager at Maritim Hotel Koenigswinter, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear guest,

thank you very much for visiting this website and for taking the time to describe your stay in our hotel.
We are delighted that you enjoyed the Maritim Hotel Königswinter very well and that you are satisfied with our services, especially with the evening dinner.
We are looking forward for your next visit at the MARITIM Hotel Königswinter and hope to welcome you soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Hotel is nice but surroundings are boring. Good for a western movie with cow boys. Suites are not worth it. Better to stay in a regular room. Food is ok, beer is great. Try not to arrive to the train station at night since there are no taxis. I had to walk for 45min to find the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Emile A
Gabriele B, Manager at Maritim Hotel Koenigswinter, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear guest,

thank you very much for visiting this website and for taking the time to describe how you felt during your stay in our hotel.
We would also like to thank you for your comments concerning our food and beverage.
A general comment: if you arrive by train late in the evening at the station Königswinter, please give us a note, that we can order a taxi for you.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stayed here for one night while traveling on business and thankfully only one night. The hotel could not be more outdated. The "double" bed was two singles pushed together and very uncomfortable. I rarely watch tv but it was an old time tv box that just gives the overall feeling of being in a run down room. The bathroom was small and not updated either. Overall I looked forward to checking out and if I return on business I would not stay there again!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelWise78
Gabriele B, Manager at Maritim Hotel Koenigswinter, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Dear guest,

We would also like to thank you for your general comments referring our hotel rooms and can inform you, that we are going to renovate the rooms step by step. A lot of them are already equipped with new curtains, some of them have new carpets and it is going on.
We hope that we will be able to convince you once again of the efficient service of the MARITIM Hotel Königswinter and we remain until then

yours sincerely

Reviewed November 1, 2012

First, - I forgot my Ipad in the room, and sitting in the train to the Cologne-Bonn airport 30 minutes away, I called the hotel, and before I had explained why I called, the receptionist answered " we found your Ipad, Sir".
From the Königswinter train station, it is a € 5 cab ride to the hotel, which is situated with wievs of the Rhine river, approx. 40 minutes south of Cologne, and trains rund every 30 minutes.
The hotel is in perfect shape, but the room style reminded me about how rooms looked like 30 years ago. I was on 3rd floor, maybe it has not yet been refurbished, but there was nothing wrong with the room and equipment. Room size very good, and there is very little noise from the outside of the hotel. I was very impressed with the service in this hotel, and i have stayed in 6 different Maritim hotels in Germany. It is a very good hotel brand.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Svein
Gabriele B, Manager at Maritim Hotel Koenigswinter, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear guest,

Refering your comment for our rooms, we can inform you, that a renovation is planed.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was a short 3 nights break for us after our two days' shopping in Cologne.

Let's say it first because it is true : here again, carpets are in need of replacement. We were on the first floor and the carpet in the corridors was totally worn out. The carpet in our room was (the same as in Maritim Köln) dirty-looking (and not dirty).

Other than that, the room which was facing the Rhine with a nice view, had a very comfortable bed and everything you need to spend a good night rest.
We enjoyed everything in this hotel : breakfast, dinner (a "set" menu for the first 2 evenings and a buffet on Friday night), the selection of beverages, the exceptionally courteous and friendly personnel, the swimming pool - just every moment spent in the hotel!

We recommend it and will most certainly go back.

In my review of the Maritim hotel in Köln I explained how I forgot my handbag there and that it was found and sent to me - again, this tells you something about honesty and customer service in this hotel!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra to get a room facing the Rhine - the extra cost is worth it
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LucieBelgium
Gabriele B, Manager at Maritim Hotel Koenigswinter, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed the Maritim Hotel Königswinter very well and that you are satisfied with our services, especially with our breakfast buffet.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed here back in 2004 when I had to attend a sales meeting and enjoyed the week immensely, so the chance of a one-night stopover was too good to miss.

The hotel is simple to find as Königswinter is a relatively small town, so it is just a case of following the road that winds alongside the Rhine and sure enough you eventually come to the Maritim. Check-in was speedy and friendly and confusion over who had booked which room (there were three of us) was quickly sorted out.

Now I have to say that I love the Maritim chain (the Gelsenkirchen hotel possibly being an exception) particularly due to the dark wood theme that runs through them all. My room was as expected - warm, clean and welcoming after a long day of travel from the Netherlands, various meetings and a whistle stop visit to Cologne cathedral for my two US-based colleagues. The bed must have been comfortable as I laid down for ten minutes and awoke almost an hour later! The bathroom offered a decent sized bath with a shower over, so all things considered I was happy to be back again.

Although clean and obviously having been redecorated since my last visit, the hotel was just as I remembered it and the staff as friendly as ever.

On this occasion we dined out - which was a feat in itself as half of the town seemed to have closed for the season, whilst the other half was preparing for the wine festival that was starting the next day - so I can't comment on the in-house restaurant. However, breakfast the following morning was of a very good standard with an extremely wide choice on offer. There was certainly enough there to satisfy the three of us including one traveller who has a gluten-free diet.

And so we departed having left our car in the underground car park. The fee for overnight parking was a steep €18 but the machine refused to take the euro notes I was offering it. A quick dash up to reception resulted in my being offered a complimentary exit ticket, so one of my two gripes about the hotel was quickly alleviated.

All in all it was a comfortable (albeit brief) stay and I hope it won't be eight years until I next visit.

I said I had two gripes. The car parking is very expensive and my other moan is that I just wish these hotels provided guests with an in-room iron and ironing board. I did request one from reception but it never turned up and I needed to be on the road early the next morning, so couldn't hang around waiting any longer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank NeilOakshott63
Gabriele B, Manager at Maritim Hotel Koenigswinter, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear guest,

thank you very much for visiting this website and for your very detailed report refering your stay in our hotel.
We are delighted that you enjoyed the Maritim Hotel Königswinter very well and that you are satisfied with our services. For the in-room iron, which never turned up, we are very sorry. We already talked about it with our front office manager to avoid this thing in the furture.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

A good enough hotel for a short break. Our room overlooked a rather busy road and was rather small but was comfortable, although for me the bed was just a little too soft. We only stayed one night but sampled the food which was rather good quality. The staff were all very polite and service was good

Room Tip: Rooms at the front (away from the road) are much quieter
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandy F
Gabriele B, Manager at Maritim Hotel Koenigswinter, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear guest,

We would also like to thank you for your comment referring our beds and can inform you, that we are going to renovate the rooms step by step, that includes also the mattresses.

Executive Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Konigswinter
Steigenberger Grandhotel Petersberg
Ibis Budget Bonn Sud Konigswinte
Kameha Grand
Kameha Grand
#5 of 79 in Bonn

Been to Maritim Hotel Koenigswinter? Share your experiences!