“Homemade italian food overtakes wurstel&beer!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Osteria la Fenice

Osteria la Fenice
Ranked #1 of 161 Restaurants in Cuxhaven
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Wine Bar
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Treviso, Italy
“Homemade italian food overtakes wurstel&beer!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I was wandering in Lower Saxony in an eventful trip and I stumbled to Cuxhaven. Some of my friends already told me about Osteria La Fenice, but I have to say that the impact I had was definitely exciting: an original Venetian osteria elegantly decorated and esthetically very well finished, just a short walk from the North Sea! When I tried the kitchen, I got speechless: excellent! The homemade pasta reminded me of what my grandmother used to do, Italian meat and other top quality ingredients, creatively decorated dishes, great wine (I still have the cap of that delicious Refosco), and excellent service! Tested, and recommend, the "Priest hats", Fassona's tartare and of course "Orecchiette Selstgemacht"! If you have the chance to pass by, it's worth stopping even just for a glass of wine. In my opinion, a big thanks to all the staff for the warm welcome and wonderful evening.

• Visited December 2013

Hannover, Germany
“An original piece of Italy in the North!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

What a surprise to find such a marvelous collection of italian recipes in Cuxhaven. Every single recipes is completely homemade and prepared with high qualities ingredients. What a pleasure to eat homemade pasta with local fish sauce! The italian tradition is preserved without being boring or coming to foregone results. Creativity and tradition run together!! The place is nice, comfortable and modern. The wine list is impressive, despite the glass wine list could be enlarged and enriched with more dessert wines.

• Visited July 2013
treviso
“Italian authentic restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great food and wine experience, an authentic italian restaurant.
I'm italian, I usually don't eat italian food abroad because it's not easy to find good italian restaurant all over the world, but in this case I really appreciate and enjoyed the amazing food and wine. Massimo and Nicoletta are incredibly passionate and they created a wonderful atmosphere, cozy and warm one. The cuisine is great, Venice tradition together with other tipical italian food (south, etc). Massimo is a true wine expert and helps to discover fantastic wines. If you are looking for the inimitable italian cuisine, you can't miss Osteria La Fenice, Cuxhaven.

• Visited August 2012
Conegliano, Italy
“Feeling like in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I lately visited this restaurant and I was very impressed by the atmosphere and by the service.
I felt really comfortable, like in an italian ambient. The service was excellent, the staff was very nice and very exhaustive in explaining me venetian specialities. The restaurant is situated in the centre of Cuxhaven and it's pretty small, this makes people feel like in an italian venetian wine canteen. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you're planning to visit Cuxhaven.
It could be a nice idea for a romantic dinner with your fiancée, a delicious lunch with your wife and children or a fast italian snack with a glass of wine.

• Visited March 2013