“Confirmed one of the best to Hameln”
Review of Der Gruner Reiter

Der Gruner Reiter
Ranked #31 of 106 Restaurants in Hameln
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gurnee, Illinois
“Confirmed one of the best to Hameln”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Was in Hameln in business for a few days. Was taken out to dinner by the company to this restaurant on a Thursday night at 7pm. The restaurant was very full which was the first good sign. I took a look at the reviews and this was listed as #1 in Hameln. I have to view this in the context of the city I was in and that was the reason for the 5 star rating. I was I town for 4 nights, and I would be surprised if there was a better place in town.

The waiter poured some Prosecco for all at the table which I believe was complimentary and a nice touch. I had the carpaccio and the filet with green peppercorn sauce. It was served with sautéed potatoes and some veggies. The carpaccio is what is expect from a good US restaurant. Quality beef, parmesean, arugula, olive oil, squeeze if lemon. The filet was cooked medium, tender, and good. The sauce looked slightly separated or poorly blended and not much kick from the peppercorn sauce. That was the only real issue. Had tiramisu for dessert, no complaints. I would definitely return and also recommend.

Service was very good, professional, and attentive.

1 Thank gondekp

Ridgewell
“Excellent Italian food with competent and friendly service”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I picked this restaurant due to its Tripadvisor ranking and was duely rewarded.

The restaurant was busy when I got there but being single I still got a good table. I was warned by the waiter that cold dishes and pizza would be quick but warm dishes by have a slight delay. This turned out to be exaggerated and I just love when restaurants under-promise but over-deliver.

I had Vitello Tonnato followed by Pasta Amatriciana both were delicious, be warned the Amatriciana is quite spicy. The wine was good albeit the open wine list could include a few non-italian alternatives. The meal incl water and wine came to €25.00

Service was competent and friendly and I will definitely be going there again

• Visited October 2013
Ferndown, United Kingdom
“good food, good service”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Found by chance (and glad we did), the food was excellent and of generous proportions.
Our waitress, who spoke very good english, was so helpful & made us feel at home.
We hope to return when we revisit Hameln.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank t1gerly12
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“What a gem of a place”
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Great food, in a lovely setting with modern glass structure encapsulating one of Hameln's old building fronts. Modern, classic Italian food - generous portions and good wine. Top marks

• Visited April 2013