“Delicious food!”

Ranked #5 of 111 Restaurants in Hameln
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Had family over to visit and wanted a traditional German restaurant, this was perfect. Lovely decor inside. The service was fantastic and we were given the menu in English. Very friendly staff, checked that everything was ok and offered more drinks when we finished our first. Food was delicious and we were all full afterwards. I must admit it isn’t the cheapest place to eat but the food is such good quality, it is worth it for a special occasion or a nice meal out. Will be back!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

You have to make a reservation for the rat-tails, it is pork. The meal is served with a small show, they fix your meal next to the table. It looks nice , it could better, much better. Not enough patatoes, a nice salade, a little bit rice. When we asked for more patatoes, we had to wait a long, long, long, long time...
To salty the food......
A nice old building, by the way.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Lovely old building. Have eaten here 3 times now and the food is always good. English speaking is limited here, as in most of Hameln but we get by! Very meat orientated but I recommend the chicken and spinach one pan dish with potato rosti. Its gorgeous. Worth a visit!

1  Thank Samuilover2201
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This was my first experience of German food and, from what I am told, this place is very traditional. The menu is very much centered on different types of meat served with some kind of cabbage and potatoes. I went for the roast pork although what I got was what I would call roast gammon. Still, the meal was delicious and they certainly pile the plates high! If you are feeling adventurous then I would recommend a glass of 'Rat Killer' which is a very warming although, at 50%, is something to be cautious of!

1  Thank pundle66
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We chose this restaurant because we liked the way it looked from outside and seemed to be serving typical German/Hameln food.
The food was good and of a good size, as known at German restaurants.
The walls were covered with "rat" related texts and expressions, also they served "rat-tails" which we didn't try, so no idea what it is they will really serve you, but if you're in for some surprise I guess it's worth a try, we went for the save side this time: schnitzel and asperagus with a big size beer next to it.
The service of the waiters was maybe a bit slow, but we were on holiday and not in a hurry.

1  Thank BVRvE