See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 23, 2017

By the references, I was disappointed in the real thing. Here my reporting:

Location: middle of town; 5 minutes walking distance from shops, restaurants, bars
Room: simple furniture; nothing special
Cleanliness: OK
Noise: a lot; cannot open window, due to traffic street noise (room at aside of building)
Price: quality/price ratio disappointing
Airco: none; probably hot in sommer days and cannot open window (noise)
Bed: soft (matter of preference)
Bathroom: good shower power
WLAN: worked fine in my room (streaming video quality)
Breakfast: not used, based on references…. 500 meters walk to nearest bakery
TV: 21 inch TV wit SAT reception; broad selection of channels
Personnel: friendly
Others: smelly air on staircases and hallways

Room Tip: Ask for room with low noise
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for a week on business. The rooms were lovely and clean, the hotel staff friendly and helpful.

The food in the attached restaraunt is fantastic. Ate here 3/5 meals for the week I was in Giessen. Nice beers on offer too.
Waiting staff could be more attentive when a person arrived but otherwise very good.

My main issues, and why the review lost 1 star is that people smoke at the back of the hotel, so if your room is at the back as mine was and the windows are open, as it was very warm when I was there, then your room smells of cigarette smoke. Not idea for everyone.
Also the noise from the restaurants outdoor area goes on till quite late, not too bad as it's happy noise. The road noise on the other hand is too loud, but I found it just bearable.

Would I go back if visiting Giessen? Yes. The food alone is a good enough reason.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Funky_Thistle
Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

My husbands mum stayed here so I can only report second hand. However, I was there to help with check-in, even though my translation skills were not strictly necessary as lady at reception was perfectly capable of fluent English. She was very friendly and made us feel no bother to change one room booking and cancel another one as some relatives couldn't come. There was a cancellation fee but we didn't mind as it was really last minute. The room was modern, colourful and friendly with a lovely clean bathroom. Only downside was that there was no aircon/ temperature control as this July was uncharacteristically warm and muggy. Opening the windows was possible but as facing the busy road quite loud, even at night. Admittedly the lady warned us about this when we changed the bookings and in general, quieter rooms are available and can be asked for when booking. Breakfast was good as far as I can tell from second hand. We also had dinner in the beer garden outside once, which was great hearty German local cuisine. And great home- brewed beer. Will recommend hotel for a good city stay as city centre is in walking distance, too.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Peabrain2013
Reviewed June 22, 2016

I stayed one night and the room was spacious, clean and in good condition. The staff was friendly and everything was good. It's located inbtween the train station and city center so it's a good choice if you are visiting Giessen for the first time.
I payed 95 euro for 1room for 2 people.

Room Tip: This hotel is not for budget travellers.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2016

I stay normally here when on business trips in the area. The service is great not to mention the food and beer in local brewery which is downstairs. Staff speak good english, rooms are big and clean and fresh. Location in giessen is also very good close to the ring and easy to get out. Hotel has also its own parking space for free and free wifi.

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled on business