“What a joke!!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Hofheim am Taunus
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
“What a joke!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

My partner and I booked this hotel via Expedia at the end of last week. The main reason for our choice was the free wifi which was advertised as we needed to stay in contact with family during our time away. This turned out to be non-existent. According to the directory that was in the room, wifi was available at €8,50 a day, or alternatively there should be free wifi in the bar and restaurant areas. But there was no free wifi throughout the hotel as advertised.

When we arrived, we checked in and headed up to our room to discover that we had been placed in a twin room with single sheets and a table between the beds, despite booking a double. We headed back down to sort this out at reception only to be told that they didn't do double rooms. This was utterly confusing as we had booked a double room and nowhere during the booking process did it state this. We were simply told by an arrogant man at reception that we should just push the beds together and he just dismissed it.

We headed back upstairs to our room and happened to walk past a room which had it's door wide open as housekeeping were in there cleaning and we noticed that this was, in fact a double room with a double bed.

Once again, we headed back downstairs (the phone in our room wasn't working whatsoever). We told them that we had just seen a double room and wanted to know why they had told us that they didn't do them. They then started spinning off mattress sizes to us, which confused us even more. Upon telling them that this was unacceptable and that we wanted to see the manager, we were then transferred to an actual double room with a double bed (only a few doors down from the original as it happened).

After an exhausting day there (we were there regarding a delicate family situation), we were relieved to be able to come back and head straight to bed. We then discovered we had been given a very small blanket/duvet that didn't even reach either side of the bed never mind be sufficient for two people. The pillows collapsed as soon as you popped your head on them and we had to fold them twice just for them to be reasonably ok.

We also had to ask for an extra set of towels, despite this being a double room they only supplied enough towels for one person.

When we came back to the room the next evening, we discovered that housekeeping had replaced the towels but once again, only enough for one person. When we called down to reception we were told we would have to come down and get them ourselves. At that point we also requested a second blanket/duvet and extra set of pillows.

During breakfast every morning the restaurant staff were not at all friendly and barely spoke a word to each other, never mind to the guests. Not even a good morning. No one asked anyone for a room number, which led us to believe that the complimentary breakfast we had been offered for their reception staff being so incredibly rude to us, was in fact, already included.

All in all, we were very disappointed with this hotel and would not recommend it nor will we stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you clarify and get a written confirmation per email about the room you have booked.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nina M
Christian H, Manager at H+ Hotel Frankfurt Airport West, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
Cheddar, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Booked and paid in advance with notice given that I would not arrive until around 10.30pm. Flew into Frankfurt after a long day and arrived at the hotel exactly at 10.30pm as estimated only to be told there was no rooms available! Ramada staff did say sorry and arranged a room some 20 minutes or more drive away but is not accepted especially at 11pm at night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Christian H, Manager at H+ Hotel Frankfurt Airport West, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for your feedback. I am really sorry to read, that we could not satisfy you with your stay at our hotel.
Customer orientation should be the first thing that our employees should have and we will improve our service due to your feedback. We are really sorry that you made an experience like the written one, because this is absolutely not what we want to provide to our guests.
Thank you for your help to improve ourselves and we hope you can accept our deepest appologies.

Travelers are raving about these Hofheim am Taunus hotels

Utrecht
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel before a early morning flight. Arrived around 10 p.m. and left at 3 a.m. Check in and check out where fast and efficient. My room had a good bed and shower, the only let down for me was the pillow that seemed to be made of air and just despaired when my head got close to it.

Location is fine if you are arriving by car (free parking) but a bit far from the airport if you don't have a car.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Christian H, Manager at H+ Hotel Frankfurt Airport West, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for your feedback to your stay at our hotel!
We are happy that you, as a regular guest, really enjoy the time at our place.
So thank you again and have a great time

Gloucester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Had to stay here overnight on business - easy to find , plenty of free parking, a little soulless like most chain hotels but you do get a good of standard quality and cleanliness. The staff were friendly on arrival but hopeless on checkout and kept me waiting for ages for a prepaid room checkout. Breakfast is really good with a huge buffet selection to tempt even the most difficult guest
Dinner - a disaster but handled really well - I ordered scallop starter ( 14.50 euro) and caesar salad with shrimp as main course. Waited about 20 minutes and 2 huge dishes of salad arrived on my table - one with enormous salad and 2 scallops , another a large soup bowl of caesar salad with fried turkey on top and 2cm of water in the bottom. At the same time a large - 50 ish group of ( I'm guessing) conferencing workers moved from bar to restaurant. There were only 2 staff working so could not get any attention so took the turkey from the caesar salad and added it to the scallop salad - this made a good meal ! Was happy reading my kindle and eventually staff were free to clear my plates - I complained that 14.50 was huge price for 2 scallops and that the caesar was not shrimp but turkey and showed them the water under lettuce. The waiter apologised and offered me a free coffee and to remove the caesar salad from my bill - I accepted and a very good coffee was delivered. I asked for the bill sometime later and it came ......for 2 weiner schnitzel and 2 beers. At this point the conference group wanted next round of drinks and food was arriving for them - I went to serving point to point out bill error as no chance of anyone for table service, and after a few minutes of trying to do 3 things at once the waiter apologised and said my dinner had been a total disaster and to have it compliments of the house. I would like to say thank you for my dinner , yes it was a total disaster, but I did get 1 good plate of salad and it was handled very well by 2 very over stretched staff.
I would return again but hope the checkout morning staff can be a little more efficient and friendly

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Wifi connection didn't work (as is typical when it is provided by Deutsche Telekom in a hotel). My problem was the way I was treated when I politely pointed this out to staff. They were uninterested and did not care or apologize, nor did they try anything to help. I suggested to call Telekom's support, but they didn't do that either. First they dismissed me, claiming that it was my laptop that was the problem. It was clear that I was just being a nuisance to them when I returned to show that it was exactly the same on the mobile. The answer was "we've had 50 check-ins, and nobody else has complained" (as if I haven't had this problem in a number of hotels without bothering to interact with staff about it - I bet there are at least 20 frustrated souls in this hotel right now).

I didn't mention that the bathroom smelled awful, because I don't care much about that if the Wifi works.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

There's something about these hotel chains that never fails to surprise me: the buildings but most of all the people ooze boredom. It's like they are selected on the criteria of not showing initiative or fun. While having fun in what you do costs so much less energy. The Ramada, I'm very sorry to say, was no exception.
Still, the rooms were clean, the beds were good, breakfast was nice and our visit program was elsewhere.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Emma_Flogard
jan_klinkert, Manager at H+ Hotel Frankfurt Airport West, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Ms. Flogard,
thank you for your feedback to your stay. Great to read that you enjoyed our hotels cleanliness, our good beds and our breakfast. Unfortunately I am sorry that we couldn't round up your stay at the hotel with our service quality.
Sorry, that due to our personnal your stay wasn't totally satisfying. We will learn from your feedback to improve our service habbits with our own and also with external employees.
Best wishes from Hofheim and thank you for helping us getting better.

Jan Klinkert & the Team from the Ramada Hotel Frankfurt Airport
Rosario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hotel is not really that close to the airport and they don't offer shuttle service to FRA. Other than that the room is ok and breakfast quite complete.
So if you want to be in that area, it might be a good option.

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Capodicapi2
Dear Capodicapi2,

thank you for your feedback...we will, try to learn from your feedback to get better..because we want to be better than just ok!
We will analyse your feedback and check in our departments for improvements
best wishes

Hotel Am Rosenberg
Hotel Am Rosenberg
#6 of 11 in Hofheim am Taunus
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel

Been to H+ Hotel Frankfurt Airport West? Share your experiences!