I spent a week at the Hotel Das Ludwig in August 2013 with my niece and her 2 young children. Here's the summary of our experiences.
- Fabulous array of food at both the morning and evening buffet. Good variety of health food as well!
- The Kinderclub!!! My niece's 5 year old thoroughly enjoyed it! They have interesting activities planned for each day both in and outdoors.
- The staff is helpful (but you also have to ask for what you want or need - otherwise it won't be offered - maybe just a cultural difference).
- The rooms are well equipped and kid friendly for families.
The not so good:
- It took me a week to make the reservations because the on-line reservation did not work properly and had to make several calls and emails to get someone to finally email me back with a reservation. Even then, I wasn't sure if it was going to be OK when we arrived as they did not ask for my credit card (it worked out well, thanks Laura!).
- Even though this a "Fit and active" hotel and it is supposed to be smoke free (as stated on the daily newsletter), a LOT of people smoke especially around the pool.
- There is no kid's pool!!! The website says they have 4 pools, but that's a tad of an overstatement. There is an inside pool and a Jacuzzi and there are is really one outside pool out of which a smaller one with much warmer water is divided off. All of these pools are too deep for kids and inappropriate for lane swimming.
- Bring your own drinking water! The water in your room costs 4 Euros (approx. $5.30)!
- Booked a massage for 9:30 AM one day. Receptionist at the Spa arrived at 9:40AM, massage therapist at 9:50AM. The massage was OK-ish, but lasted 45 minutes instead of 50.
Overall, it wasn't a bad experience, but one week was enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One family and different generations with a lot of interests in one hotel - your home away from home! From relaxing wellness vacation through to action-packed family holidays, DAS LUDWIG offers various packages suitable for every individual preference. While the parents enjoy some spare-time, our youngsters are having fun at the Kids Club. The childcare offers a lot of different activities from sport highlights like the soccer camp or junior golf to playing games with same-aged kids. It is the perfect destination for sport-loving families and adventurous explorers who love the outstanding and looking for a place to get away from their daily struggles. DAS LUDWIG provides charming Bavarian hospitality in a cosy atmosphere and a place where our guests can feel relaxed. The combination of wellness, sports and recovery creates the unique appeal of the Fit.Vital.Aktiv Hotel. DAS LUDWIG also shines with its spatial diversity from comfort double rooms, junior suites through to family rooms with connecting doors, all with an individual décor. The wellness area, that was renovated 2015, offers our guests 1800 m2 which includes heated indoor and outdoor pools, a range of modern saunas and relaxation facilities which fulfill every wish. Our guest have the possibility to enjoy cosmetic treatments or soothing massages at the SPA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, HRS, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel "Das Ludwig" reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.