“Great German food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 's Wirtshaus im Weinbauer

's Wirtshaus im Weinbauer
Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Schwangau
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Brooklyn, New York
“Great German food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

To be honest with you, I was a little skeptical about going to the restaurant that belonged to the hotel I was staying at. However, when I checked Tripadvisor, and noticed that it was ranked number 3 in the town, I changed my mind, and decided to give it a try. I am very glad I did.
If you are staying at Hotel Weinbauer, you can enter the restaurant without even going outside. It turned out to be very convenient as the weather was horrible, and it was raining pretty hard. The waiters were very friendly; they gave us a choice of tables to sit at, and provided menus in English. Based on the reviews on this site, and the recommendations from our waiter, we ordered beef cheeks, venison goulash, fish and apple strudel for dessert, not to mention excellent beer that they had on draft. The cheeks were like butter, and were melting in my mouth, the venison goulash was very flavorful, and the fish was also prepared well. I can’t agree with the glorious reviews of their apple strudel because I have had better ones, but it was good nonetheless.
Overall, it is a very good restaurant with nice décor, excellent food, and good service. You will not be disappointed if you choose to have your meal there

• Visited July 2014

San Angelo, Texas
“Scrumptious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel, and after a long day of walking Neuschwanstein castle and the Hohenschwangau village, we decided to visit the Wirsthaus for some beer and culinary treats. Wow, were we pleasantly surprised. I had the venison goulash, which was hands down the best german dish, I have ever tasted in my life. Even better than my grandmother's sauerbraten. To top it off, the Apfel Struedel was again the best we've ever tried anywhere in the world. While in Schwangau, try these two dishes at the Wirtshaus im Weinbauer. Let's not forget the bier.

• Visited May 2014
Augsburg, Germany
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

A very nice hotel with a great breakfast buffet and very nice personnel! A great restaurant as well with reasonable prices. Very close to all attractions and Kristall Therme.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Michael C
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best German meal of the trip!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

When we came in with no reservations there was a short wait but with as busy as it was we were surprised. We had a very funny older waiter who laughed at my German but helped me say things properly. He was great on helping pick out the meal which was superb!!! We would have loved to come back but we were off to Munich the next morning. Really a great experience!!!

• Visited May 2013
Birmingham
“True taste of Germany”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We visited twice during our 4 night stay in Schwangau. The first time was a Saturday evening, the place was packed but they still managed to accommodate us.

The food was really delicious. A range of dishes from schnitzel to stew dishes, some fabulous salads to accompany the mains. We only had main dishes, but the starters and puddings other tables were having looked great. Really big portions and good value for money. The service was a good pace - we didn't feel rushed and the environment was rustic without being too chintzy. We would recommend the stew-y type dishes, salads and the fish was also a good alternative to the heavier food.

This was a firm favourite for us during our stay in the area.

• Visited August 2013