Ferienwohnung Mayer - Casa Patrizia
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Bei Weirich(Schwangau)
Hotel Hirsch(Fussen)
All reviewswashing machinebig roomkeysapartmentwifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed for only one night before going to Neuschwanstein castle.
Exceed our expectation in comparison to the price. Good accommodation and nice, polite owner.
We arrive a bit later than the check in times. Hohenschwangau was very quiet. However, the owner was very nice and waited for us.
We stayed in the attic room. Very spacious. Clean. The sofa bed has a balcony door which you see the castle being lighted up at night. The attic room is more of a studio. There is a kitchenette with induction cooker, cookery, kettles etc ; dining table and bathroom. We didn't use the facilities much as we only stayed one night. But our son was definitely happy to play with some of the toys available.

Room Tip: If I can think of a negative, for person with reduce mobility/a lot of luggage, I would not recommend the attic room as it involves lots of stairs. We didnt know this beforehand but this was not a problem for us. However, do communicate with the owner, she might be able to accommodate you to a more suitable room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2012

It was one of the best private hotels (apartments) where I've ever been. Amazingly big room with private kitchen, very bright bathroom, big TV, and good sight from the windows. There is not breakfast or dinner, but nearly there is a very good restaurant in a hotel with a big and inexpensive portions.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was travelling with my friend, and it is a shame we had only one night to enjoy this fabulous little attic room. The suite was huge compared to all the dinkie rooms we stayed in across Germany, the location was perfect, just a short walk into town and a few km to the castle. We prebooked tickets for the castle, so we woke up early to check out, and they had no problems watching our bags for the day. The owner was nice and helpful and even drove us to the ticket pickup for the castles. It's walkable from the train station...but with bags, you may want to take a taxi (about 5 euros) or hop on bus 78 or 73 (which drops you steps from the door). Great price!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Very nice place. The appartment is big, beautiful, clean and suitable for a family. We and my family enjoyed our stay there. There is a beautiful view from the balcony.Thre is a very good bavarian restaurant in the sorroundings of the hotel where you can have a good dinner. The breakfast of the hotel was also good. It is served in the appartment. We stayed there during November 2010 and the only dissapointment I had was when I woke up in the middle of the night ( about 01:00 a.m.) because it was cold inside, I checked the heaters and I noticed that all they had been turned off during the night. My family did not realize it. Only I. The heaters were turned on again just in the morning at 07:00 a.m. Except for that everything was in order. Staff was very polite and helpful. I would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed one night at Casa Patrizia, and we enjoyed our stay. We stayed in the bigger flat that had two rooms with double beds and a large living room with an extra bed. There is also a dvd player and a Play Station so it would be a perfect place to stay with kids if the weather is bad. The kitchen is well equipped and the supermarket is not far away.
Since it was November we had a view of Neauschwanstein, which is hidden behind a tree when it has leaves.
We had some problems when we were going to pay, though. Even though they accept credit card payment it didn't work, and we tried two different cards. These cards also worked at other places later the same day. On the other hand, most holiday apartment houses in Germany don't accept credit cards anyway, so this was not a big problem.
The flat was a bit too cold to be pleasant though. This was the end of November and it wasn't very cold outside, but I imagine it can be really cold in this area later in winter.
However we recommend this place anyway, and ten minutes walk from the house you can find the Kristalltherme sauna complex where you can get as much heat as you want.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple