“One of the best, where I've ever been”

Ferienwohnung Mayer - Casa Patrizia
Ranked #2 of 23 Schwangau B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 20, 2012

It was one of the best private hotels (apartments) where I've ever been. Amazingly big room with private kitchen, very bright bathroom, big TV, and good sight from the windows. There is not breakfast or dinner, but nearly there is a very good restaurant in a hotel with a big and inexpensive portions.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ferienwohnung Mayer - Casa Patrizia

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was travelling with my friend, and it is a shame we had only one night to enjoy this fabulous little attic room. The suite was huge compared to all the dinkie rooms we stayed in across Germany, the location was perfect, just a short walk into town and a few km to the castle. We prebooked tickets for the castle, so we woke up early to check out, and they had no problems watching our bags for the day. The owner was nice and helpful and even drove us to the ticket pickup for the castles. It's walkable from the train station...but with bags, you may want to take a taxi (about 5 euros) or hop on bus 78 or 73 (which drops you steps from the door). Great price!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Very nice place. The appartment is big, beautiful, clean and suitable for a family. We and my family enjoyed our stay there. There is a beautiful view from the balcony.Thre is a very good bavarian restaurant in the sorroundings of the hotel where you can have a good dinner. The breakfast of the hotel was also good. It is served in the appartment. We stayed there during November 2010 and the only dissapointment I had was when I woke up in the middle of the night ( about 01:00 a.m.) because it was cold inside, I checked the heaters and I noticed that all they had been turned off during the night. My family did not realize it. Only I. The heaters were turned on again just in the morning at 07:00 a.m. Except for that everything was in order. Staff was very polite and helpful. I would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed one night at Casa Patrizia, and we enjoyed our stay. We stayed in the bigger flat that had two rooms with double beds and a large living room with an extra bed. There is also a dvd player and a Play Station so it would be a perfect place to stay with kids if the weather is bad. The kitchen is well equipped and the supermarket is not far away.
Since it was November we had a view of Neauschwanstein, which is hidden behind a tree when it has leaves.
We had some problems when we were going to pay, though. Even though they accept credit card payment it didn't work, and we tried two different cards. These cards also worked at other places later the same day. On the other hand, most holiday apartment houses in Germany don't accept credit cards anyway, so this was not a big problem.
The flat was a bit too cold to be pleasant though. This was the end of November and it wasn't very cold outside, but I imagine it can be really cold in this area later in winter.
However we recommend this place anyway, and ten minutes walk from the house you can find the Kristalltherme sauna complex where you can get as much heat as you want.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2011

This is a lovely place to stay. I wish I'd had more than one night to enjoy it. I was on my own and had the charming attic apartment, it was finished to a high standard and I loved the light coming in from the dormer windows and the balcony. I got a great night's sleep as the bed was comfortable and the place was very quiet. The reasonably priced breakfast was tasty and filling and set me up well for a day's walking. There's a nice place to get dinner a couple of minutes walk away.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank herenthere1
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Stayed here at the end of June with my husband and 2 teenage children and booked quadruple apartment. Apartment had 2 separate bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen with fridge/freezer, microwave, flat-top range, and all items needed to cook full meals--even clean dish cloths,detergent, cooking oil, and spices. Bathroom was large, modern and had a washing machine. Kids loved the living room--that came equipped with a XBox 360 and a number of games. Balconies led out from the kitchen and one bedroom with views of Neuschwanstein Castle. (View was a bit hidden in June due to the trees). Everything appeared very new and was spotlessly clean. Although it was hot outside, it was not hot at all in the apartment, even without air conditioning. Pension is conveniently close to Neuschwanstin and Fussen. We did not elect to pay the extra 6 Euros per person for breakfast. With the great kitchen facilities we were able to purchase food for much cheaper at the grocery store and prepare our own breakfast and dinner. We stayed in a number of B&Bs on this trip, and whole family agrees, this place was the favorite.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisa52164
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Very nice accomodations. Two bedrooms plus a bed in the living room. Really good deal. Just not in town close to things to do. If staying for a couple days this is a great choice!

• Stayed: July 2011