“I wish I was a child again” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Ruhpolding
Wexford
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“I wish I was a child again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Oh how I wish I was a child again ,we visited the park with our grand daughter who is 10 on two days during our stay and rather than try to describe the sheer fun she had all I can say is VISIT IT

Visited July 2012

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Melbourne, Australia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Awesome park set in a forest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

My family (5 and 9 year old children) were so impressed with this park. Gorgeous forest setting, with fairy-tale re-enactments and delightful rides and games. The roller-coaster was a huge hit, also the GIANT slide (on hemp sacks down incredibly long metal slides). The bathrooms were the cleanest and most luxurious that I've ever seen in a theme-park! This park is also a good option if the weather's damp as there's lots of shelter and under-cover rides. My kids didn't want to leave even after spending 3 hours there. We got in for free, with the tourist-pass given to us by our B&B. Note: There is a very steep hill to walk up from the car-park before you get to the entrance, and lots of ground to cover through the park.

Visited September 2011
3 Thank J0anneVR
uk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“very quiet village with wonderful walks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Ruhpolding is a very small village. There are very few shops selling the usual stuff for tourists. There are a few larger supermarkets on the outskirts. It does not take you long to walk round the centre. There are beautiful walks which are all very well sign posted. Once out onto the trails, the scenery is breath taking. Everything is in German and we found it difficult when ordering food and visiting attractions. There appears to be lots of English tourists but English translation is not supplied whereever you go. The only problem with Ruhpolding is that it is like a ghost town in the evening. After approx 7pm the town is empty and the majority of the hotel bars and restaurants close at 9pm. We did find the evenings long as there was nothing to do. We resorted to watching CNN on our room tv or going to bed at 8pm!!!. It would have been nice to go out for an evening drink with some music but this was not the case. We did enjoy our holiday but would not go back to Ruhpolding as we would prefer somewhere with a bit more life about it.

Visited July 2011