Das Burghotel Falkenstein
$107
  • Bar/Lounge
$92
$174
Landhotel Zum Franke(Pfronten)(Great Value!)
$78
TripAdvisor
Hotel Bavaria(Pfronten)
Pension Vendel(Pfronten)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshidden gemamazing viewscan't wait to go backgoatbreakfast buffetwellness areathe ownervalleyruinsfalkensteintonicloudsdrivespacastledinnerveranda
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The location is amazing, unparalleled view of the valley and snow covered mountains. If desired the hotel can be visited without staying for 4 euros parking, and enjoy a meal with unobstructed views. We stayed in the smaller rooms and still had an incredible view!
Access is by a one way private road controlled by a light. The light never turned green for us to go up but stay within the posted times and there shouldn't be a problem. I'm not much of a gourmand or a spa user so I cannot speak to the qualities of these amenities, but I do appreciate a good view and comfortable rooms. We stayed there this morning and the hotel was only booked for three rooms.
If I had known the minor cost difference between the rooms we had and the larger rooms I would have booked the twice as large rooms for the 25€ difference.
The walk up to the old burg ruins adds an element of excitement to what would otherwise be "just another pile of Bavarian rocks"

Room Tip: The price difference between the smaller rooms and the twice as large is miniscule when compared to the value received.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Its a great place, the road to get there is unforgettable, I was nervous the whole way. It was worth it the cutest place, great food and service. We had a great room with big windows, it was like sleeping in a treehouse.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I have been to Burghotel Falkenstein several times, and I must say, it is quite the lovely Hotel. With beautiful rooms, a great view, it definitely makes my list of being the most homey. The owners are really nice People, always ready for a conversation. The staff is also very friendly, nice, and professional. There is an air of something magical about it, perhaps coming from the ruin above, or perhaps coming from the Hotel itself. It is the perfect place for the romantic couple. You can sit on the balcony for however Long you want and just soak up the sun, or drink wine without a care. :) I certainly did all of those things. :)
The Food is as they say here in Germany "ausgezeichnet"!!!!! I tried the Gams (mountain goat) and it was DELICIOUS! There is a bit of dark chocolate bits that they serve with it, that actually gives the meat a deep and interesting taste.
I didnt give 5 stars for the Location, but only due to the drive to the Hotel itself. Where the Hotel sits is fantastic, but the drive up is a bit scary the first time. I suppose you would get used to it. ;)
Everything was very clean, with no indication that cleanliness was lacking.
I would definitely suggest this Hotel for any couple, but not for anyone with Kids. This is definitely not a kid-or Family Hotel. This is a Hotel for the romantic!!!!!!! <3

Room Tip: I would suggest the "Alpenglück Suite"! Is a beautiful Suite with just the right mixture of modern and antique. :)
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2013

It's an amazing drive up to the hotel. I've spent 2 nights here. The service was exceptional, the room was special... there's a spa room where you can spend time relaxing after a tiring day of sightseeing at Neuschwanstein, which is only 30mins drive away. The folks running the place were always friendly and helpful, even though I don't speak any German.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank YitKoon
Reviewed October 26, 2013

You know you are in for a great experience when you are driving up the road to this place. The 'Falcons nest' lives up to its name. We spent two memorable nights here. The rooms are 'whimsical' but very clean, large and comfortable. The views are unbelievable. We had a deck overlooking Neuschwanstein castle and the valley below. There in no lobby or proper check-in area so its a little confusing but the husband/wife team running the hotel are great. A dinner here is a great way to finish a day of castle hopping. I would not drive up that road at night after a few beers! Check out the ruins above the the hotel. Its worth the hike.

Room Tip: Get one with a deck and a view of Neuschwanstein
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple