All reviews munich airport charming bavarian sized shower early departure great beer train station euros per person restaurants and shops perfect place to stay nice breakfast an excellent hotel hotel restaurant non smoking an overnight stay buffet style desk staff two nights
Selected filters
Reviewed April 8, 2019

This is a typical European hotel which is fine. Small but clean rooms. However, there are no sheets for the bed. Just a large, heavy comforter that causes you to sweat at night or sleep with nothing covering you. You get 1 very flat pillow for the bed. I was able to get an extra pillow but it wasn't easy. They said they only have 1 pillow per room - no idea what happens if you have someone staying with you. There was no air conditioning so I slept with the windows open which was fine for April in Freising if I had had a sheet to cover up with instead of a thick comforter.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2019

I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody wishing to stay in Freising or near the airport.

I arrived on a flight from Toronto, took the bus from the airport to Freising (#635 €2.90 one-way – 20 minute ride) and arrived in the town mid-morning. The bus stops at the train station (end of the bus route) and it is a leisurely and easy 10 minute walk to the hotel, which has a great location in the middle of town. Plenty of shops nearby and a good choice of restaurants with-in walking distance and also one part of the hotel if you don’t fancy venturing very far.

Check in was at 2pm, so I had a coffee and pastry and a wander around Freising to get my bearings before asking the hotel at 1pm if I could check in. The room was ready, so that wasn’t a problem.

My room was on the first floor at the rear of the hotel (economy) and very quiet. It wasn’t large, but it was certainly spacious enough and not cramped. Exceptionally clean, bright and adequately appointed for what I needed. I read somewhere that the hot water was an issue, but all I can say is that when I showered early morning, afternoon or evening, hot water was never a problem.

Internet was very good and consistent. I could watch streaming video of the Cheltenham Festival with no buffering at all.

Breakfast was from 6am-10am and offered a wide variety of choice. Although I took German at school many moons ago, my German is pretty much non-existent these days, but the staff were very accommodating and spoke English well.

The staff were excellent and very helpful.

If you are considering a hotel in Freising or near the airport, then I would certainly recommend that you strongly consider the Bayerischer Hof.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank LifeIsGood1000
Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

We had a small but clean and comfortable room which was sufficient for our 5 night stay. The hotel is right in the middle of Freising and there’s plenty of parking at the rear. It was quiet and the bed was comfy. The buffet breakfast wasn’t expensive and there was plenty to choose from. The evening menu good but didn’t have sufficient vegetarian options for us (difficult in Bayern anyway). The only negative was that rooms weren’t cleaned promptly and we often returned in the afternoon to unmade beds.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2018

Freising is a small town closely located to Munich Airport. This hotel was perfect for one night stay. Rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfast was delicious. We got to see the town walking in the evening and also enjoyed great food at the local restaurant.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2018

Not within walking distance from train station. Ten Euro taxi fare to hotel. Hotel is situated in the middle of the old village of Freising. Check in was easy and then made our way to the large room we were given. Really nice room, large clean bathroom, with a nice shower. Room had a sofa and chair with desk, TV and plenty of European plugs for power. Breakfast buffet was included and had a variety of hot and cold choices. If you want coffee, order black when asked. Attendants at the buffet were always putting fresh dishes up as needed and providing coffee when asked for. We had dinner twice in the attached restaurant. I enjoyed two dinners of the best Weiner Schnitzel I have ever eaten. All of the staff in the restaurant and hotel were efficient and friendly. We ordered the airport shuttle from the front desk, the night before departure which arrived on time and drove us directly to our terminal. Cost for the shuttle was twenty Euros for the two of us. Would I stay here again? You bet and probably longer.

Date of stay: November 2018