Munich Airport Marriott Hotel
$133
Isar Hotel(Freising)
$84
$82
Hotel Pension Abenstal Garni(Freising)(Great Value!)
$73
All reviewsmunich airportoldest brewerynext morningnice hotelshuttle servicecharming townrental caran overnight stayeuros per personthe hotel offerssuperior roomstayed one nightfive minute walkbeer gardentaxitraingym
Reviewed November 6, 2013

OK this hotel is NOT near the Munich airport and neither are the other ones listed on the internet except the 1 hotel AT the airport. A travel agent made this mistake for me 13 years ago for another European chain hotel that was in Freising. So I was aware of this when booking in the airport "area." On the map this village is probably the closest to the airport but it is a 20 minute drive without traffic. So beware of this fact. This Marriott hotel is under renovation but the room we had and the area we used in the hotel was beautifully appointed. The room was very quiet, we had fast and easy to set up Wi-Fi. In the room was a gorgeous bathroom, assortment of teas, a window that can be opened. We had the buffet breakfast that was the most extensive (and expensive but worth it) we have ever seen wonderfully displayed. Hot and cold items. Honey infusion with rosemary or thyme, assortment of cheeses, creamy farm fresh yogurt and quark. Worth the 24 Euros we paid. BUT the 1 issue we had was with the Parkhaus parking garage that the hotel is associated with. The exit is not accurately marked and takes you to the lowest level and leaves you there! After 30 minutes of struggling to leave the garage, Husband walked the entire garage to see where the exit was, parked the car for the next day rush to the airport for easy loading and easy exit. From that point, it was 2 turns to get out and there were no arrows or words AUSFAHRT seen to the exit point. A MAJOR issue but not a Marriott issue. We complained at the front desk and they all stated this is a problem.

I would highly recommend staying at this particular Marriott. It far exceeded my expectations especially for an "airport" hotel. The front staff, particularly Veronica was terrific, spoke English beautifully (as well as German), checked us in with warm greetings and got us started on a great evening in Freising. This hotel is easy walking to Altstadt that is just like from a storybook, not to be missed. The signs to drive back to the airport were easy to follow but it is about a 20 minute drive. We look forward to coming back to Munich and certainly this Marriott will be on our list to stay again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2013

At the first night, I would like to connect my PC to wireless network at my room then called to IT support. The IT lady said I needed to key in my room number and last name but it did not work. Then I asked her how my last name was registered because I had the same problem before and it caused by wrong registration of my name (Japanese name is not familiar with them, I know). She told me the spelling of my name and it was wrong but she did not want to correct it then asked me to input wrongly as it registered. She gave me the wrong spelling but it also did not work. I called her again and again to ask her to correct the spell three times then she said she would come up my room to solve it. I waited for her for 30 min but she did not come up. Then I found she went home as her shift work time was ended and new lady came to the IT office. The new lady re-registered my name correctly and apologized me for her colleague.
Other services like waitresses at the breakfast/lunch buffet restaurant were very friendly and spoke good English. Other staff who worked for my company's conference were also helpful and friendly as well.
The town, Freising, is cute little historical town and worth to visit once. Basically, I was happy to stay the hotel except the IT lady at the first night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We rented two rooms for our group of seven. One room was renovated and nice, the other hadn't been touched in years. The hotel is not very close the airport and the cab ride can get expensive. Maybe there is a closer place that's better.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we had a reasonably early flight the next morning and wanted to be close to the airport. We took the Sbahn from the Hauptbahnhof in Munich to the airport (about 20 Euros) and then took a cab to the hote where we arrives some 20 minutes and 30 Euros later. The following morning we spent another 20 Euros to take a shuttle back to the airport. All in all, for time spent and Euros spent we should have stayed in Munich and taken a cab for about 60 Euros the following morning; we would have saved 10 Euros and at least 30 minutes of wasted travel time..

To be fair, I failed to do my research. On the otherhand, Marriott has no business advertising this as an airport hotel when it is no where near the airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John B
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Marriott hotel name implies that it's near the aiport, when in reality it's about 20 minute cab ride away, in Freising. When we first entered the hotel lobby, we were greeted by three emplyees ready to help new guests. This made the check in so easy. We had two groups with us and we were all checked in at the same time! I must point out one particular person though. Her name is Verena Baumgartner. First you see her beauty, then you'll experience the wonderful service and attitude. She spoke perfect English and helped us with suggestions of things to do in Freising as well as how to get to the subway. On the way to the subway station, I was pleasantly surprised to find the little town of Freising so interesting. The hotel is getting an update and we were able to stay in the newer part of the hotel. Beautiful rooms with all the amentities. Pretty views from our room and the whole hotel seems to be turned just right to offer beautiful views on every side. I would recommend the hotel bar as well. Fun atmoshere and good beer and cocktails. The breakfast is a must as the selection is amazing. Mural of cow on shower wall was strange, but when you see the theme throughout the breakfast area, it makes sense. True Bavarian feel.

Room Tip: Most rooms seem to offer a different view of Freising. Beautiful views from each part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends