“Delightful Hotel!”

Munich Airport Marriott Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Freising
“Delightful Hotel!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

This is not the closest hotel to the Munich airport, but, if you call the front desk before your arrival, you can arrange for a shuttle that will take you directly to and from the hotel. As I have had bad experiences with "airport" hotels in the past (particularly in Paris), I am very careful when I select a hotel that claims to service an airport.

This hotel is delightful! The staff is extremely courteous and professional; the sign of a well managed hotel. I only had one evening in Munich, and the staff directed me to one of the local breweries. The hotel offers a very nice international breakfast. I found the property to be well kept and clean.

If you are a tourist, looking to visit Munich for a few days, this hotel might be too far from the center of Munuch. However, If you are traveling and looking for a stop between flights, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Location
Firstly this hotel is nowhere near the airport. In fact it is a sixty Euro cab ride away! There is a shuttle bus but it has to . called to come and collect you. There is no established collection point so you need to know the airport layout to guide the driver.
The hotel is near the centre of Freising and thus handy for bars cafes etc.

Rooms
The hotel is in the middle of renovation. Some rooms are old decor and some have been completed. The new rooms are OK. There were issues wcheerful y room. With temperatures in the mid 20's Celsius air conditioning in this hotel is essential. Unfortunately the air conditioning in my room was broken and while the staff did attempt to repair I ended up with a couple of fans to keep air circulating. Whilst the rooms are OK they in no way warrant the 250 Euros price.

Great selection for dinner and all food sampled was of good quality and not overpriced. Decent Bavarian menu with burgers etc for those that wear white socks, tuck in their polo shirts and carry their cellphones on the belts of their chinos.
Breakfast is a real hit and miss affair. The selection of meat and cheese is great but the cooked bacon and eggs etc is of very poor quality. Stick to cold cuts and you will be fine. Be warned though that their is no cheerful welcome at breakfast time. The eating area is silent with service ruled by a grim faced woman who after repeated asking will eventually deign to dump a cup of coffee on your table without comment or smile.

Everyone apart from Rosa Kleb at breakfast is bright cheerful and helpful. My room unfortunately had no towels and upon reporting this was swiftly corrected.
The hotel also gave me a 5 euro voucher to spend in their convenience shop in lieu of working air conditioning.

Would I stay again? No. There are great value guest houses nearby that I would have happily used were my company not controlling this trip.

• Stayed April 2013
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Convenient to the Munich airport is a good thing but I was wowed by the extreme level of competence and helpful attitude of the desk staff and restaurant workers. A pleasant surprise. Would be nice if the airport shuttle was free but 11E is better than the 25E taxi.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Virginia
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a great place to stay when flying out of the Munich Airport. Freising is a lovely little town and being close to the airport (15 minutes by taxi or shuttle) takes some of the stress out of departure day.

The rooms are currently being renovated with new furnishings and fabrics which will be beautiful. Our room was very comfortable and after two weeks in Europe I can say they have the BEST pillows we encountered.

However - the best part was that the Staff of the hotel. After we left for the airport, my husband found he had left his leather jacket in the room. Angst ensued! He called back and they were able to locate the coat and sent it to us at the airport by taxi. Major cudos to the staff for that! It made the flight home much more pleasant :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Milford, Delaware
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We used this hotel for the night before we returned to the states after a week. The hotel on the outside and halls looked good, a little aged, but the room wasn't the same. The trash hadn't been taken out in the bathroom, which I didn't discover until I was ready to leave the next morning for the airport and the shower had mold in it. After seeing that, it made me wonder what else wasn't clean... This was the worst hotel of the week for us and all of my co-workers also commented their rooms were dirty.

The hotel bar is good and the food looked good. If you get there early enough the location lends itself to exploring Freising, which is a charming town.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Redmond, WA
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed in the city during my recent business trip to Munich, I had a 7am morning flight leaving MUC so I decided to stay somewhere near the airport for my last night in Munich. I didn’t get to the hotel till around 7:30pm and I was too tired to check out the town of Freising, and it was very cold the night that I stayed there. I am a Marriott gold elite and was given a drink/snack voucher and a breakfast voucher upon check-in. I was planning a drink and snack at the bar before ordering dinner, but the snack (I believe it’s called Bavarian plate) was more than enough food for two people and it was very tasty, I ended up skipping dinner that night and was very full eating two thirds of my snack. I didn’t get a chance to try the breakfast but was very glad to find fresh coffee at 4 in the morning in the lobby.

The hotel is showing its ages, but was very well kept. Room was clean, WiFi signal was strong and staff was very friendly. As many have already noted, the hotel is 10 minute drive from the airport, but if you have a rental car and have an early morning flight to catch, it’s a good choice for an overnight stay before your flight home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
baltimore, maryland
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Although billed as the Munchen Airport Marriott, be advised that it's about a 20 Euro cab ride from the Munchen International Airport. The hotel is located in Freising, a town I really hadn't thought of before. Freising is a charming, easy to get around Bavarian town. Not small, not big, but just right. I pass through Germany on a regular basis, catching a night's sleep to and from my way to South Africa. I picked this hotel originally for it's "proximity" to Munchen. However, i have since been charmed by the friendly simplicity of Freising itself. I have, of course, ventured to Munchen from here - involves a 15 minute walk to the Freising S-Bahn train station, a 11 Euro roundtrip, and a 40 minute ride on the S-Bahn (a communter line). Having seen most of the regular tourist stops in Munchen (Hofbrauhaus, Peterskirche, Frauenkirche, Marienplatz) I have since spent most of my time in Freising (Weissbrau Huber is my favorite haunt).

The Marriott is exactly what you'd expect from a Marriott, and a German Marriott at that. Clean, efficient, friendly, perfect. It comes equiped with flawless wi-fi; a great bar and restaurant combo; suitable fitness center; and very, very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are large - compared to most European hotels. Only drawback would be the "old-school" tube TV, but really, there's so much to do outside of the hotel, that the TV is not that big of a deal. But it would be a nice touch to upgrade those soon.

Having done the European transit through Frankfurt before, I've definitely changed that and will use the Marriott in Freising for the near future. Plenty to do here, and it all runs on typical German efficiency.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rumrunnerfrank
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freising
Hilton Munich Airport
Corbin Feng Shui Business Hotel
Isar Hotel
Isar Hotel
#4 of 11 in Freising

Been to Munich Airport Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!