“Attractive lunch spot near Munich airport”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hofbrauhauskeller

Hofbrauhauskeller
Ranked #15 of 102 Restaurants in Freising
Cuisines: International, German
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Hofbrauhaus-Keller is located just behind the Count's Hofbrauhaus. We combine traditional cuisine with creative ideas and quality with culinary delights. Our restaurant is well known for a cuisine with regional requirements. In the stylish ambience of our restaurant we serve both well-tried and fresh culinary ideas. In addition to the guest rooms and the Brauerstube, are a hall for company and family celebrations up to 150 people. In summer, a terrace and a large beer garden under chestnut trees offers plenty of space to enjoy the proverbial Bavarian way of life.
Atlanta GA
“Attractive lunch spot near Munich airport”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were driving through Freissing and found the Hofbrauhaus in our GPS POI. It was nearly 2 PM so I went in to inquire if they were still serving lunch, and a pleasant lady told me they served all day long. The restaurant was quite pretty with light green table cloths and white toppers, herring-bone wood floors, and wrought-iron light fixtures. The menu was long on pork choices (not my favorite), so I had zahnder (pike perch) in brown butter and my husband had pork with rosti potatoes and mushrooms. The food was typical Bavarian fare, nothing outstanding. Attentive service, good wine and beer. The brewery has been in existence since 1130. It is a convenient and comfortable stop. Would like to visit in warm weather to enjoy the beer garden.

• Visited December 2012

• Czech first
  • Hungarian first
Melbourne
“Typical Bavarian beerhouse and well-worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

I visited as part of a beer and food tour on my first night in Munich. We had a platter of typical meats/cheeses/pickles organised for us with a selection of beers and it was fantastic! Great value, I had more than enough to eat. It was an excellent way to experience a range of typical foods and beers with the great atmosphere of a Bavarian beerhouse.

Visited May 2012
Freising, Deutschland
“nice and big restaurant with beergarden but poor food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

The restaurant with a big beergarden in the backyard is located on a hill. Its surrounded by big trees which gives the yellow building a kind of romantic appearance. Unfortunately the food was not what I expected to get in such a nicely furnished restaurant with lots of tables in bavarian style. The bread-dumplings looked is if they were made the day before and the cheese-noodles in a forged little pan did not contain any cheese. However, when I advised the waitress to this, she asked the cook and told me that he did everything right. No excuse, no little something. It looked like it was our fault. I cannot recommend this restaurant, even though it looks nice.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank abraeg
Freising, Germany
“Under new ownership”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

I usually go here to sit in the biergarten under the shade of the chestnut trees. Typical Bavarian menu, nothing special but nice.

Visited September 2011