See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2017

The hotel is located about 25min walk from the old town which is fine. There is a shortcut through the lovely park.
Altough the hotel is outdated it is clean and well maintained. They offer free parking and paid (covered) parking.
Breakfast is excellent however, I would have liked to have fresh juices. It was hot during my visit and I was slightly anxious as there is no air conditioning in the room. The good news is that there virtually no noise from the outside so it's fine to leave the window open at night to let the cool air in.

Room tip: ask for rooms facing the valley for the best views
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 22, 2017

hughe place on a nice spot, ticks all the boxes for 4 stars but is all very old and worn. some new paint can't cover that up. smallish room with plastic lined bathroom which was to o old to be really clean.
staff is very friendly, breakfast is good value

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2016

This was a good, clean hotel with a fantastic breakfast! There were a few room choices and we chose the smaller room for 2 people. I took one look at that bed and thought I would have difficulty sleeping in it, but it was surprisingly comfortable. The room was bare bones... no iron, it had a fridge full of their stuff, a hair dryer and orange soap in the dispenser. I couldn't tell whether it was shampoo or cleansing soap, but I assumed it was hand soap because the same vibrant orange soap was in the dispenser by the sink. So not having any shampoo with me, I had to desperately use it for shampoo until I could get to the store. I was afraid it would turn my hair orange, but it didn't. The other thing I thought was strange was all the online booking agencies advertised that this hotel only had one room left! It seemed all the hotels in that area were filling up fast and we felt pressured to hurry and book. While I was trying to figure out what was going on in this town that would have all the hotels nearly booked, a week had passed and "the only one room left" was still advertised. When we got to the hotel it was less than half full. Surprise, surprise, it must have been an advertising gimmick. The Savoy gives itself a four star rating. I gave it three stars because it was clean and had a great breakfast every morning and great view of the rolling hills. Their was cable tv, but there were no channels with english subtitles. We had a car and they charged us a minimal fee of 4 euros per day. Our Garmin couldn't find the Savoy. This hotel changed names a few years ago, so we had to ask the front desk what the old name was and then our system found this hotel.This hotel is also within walking distance to the Solymar Spa. One thing about the breakfast that I didn't like was that they had name tags on the tables near the beautiful window views and you were not allowed to sit there. I don't know if they were for a conference or what, but it made me feel inferior like they were special and I was not.

Room tip: Room size didn't seem to matter to us as long as the bed advertised for two adults.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2016 via mobile

No AC it's absolutely boiling, very uncomfortable.
The room is very large and spacious,very clean, it has a tub and kids room with 3 small beds. The toilet is separate which is kind of nice. I love that there is a tub and a beautiful view. I would give it 5 stars if there was air conditioning. I probably won't be able to sleep. TV looks brand new, haven't tried it. Mini fridge. Internet seems to work well.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2016

The Savoy hotel is located in Bad Mergentheim and you have the Thermal Baths and Kurpark at walking distance. The spa water appears to be the strongest sodium-sulfate water in all of Europe, effective for the treatment of digestive disorders and the place mainly hosts elder people.

Build in 1986 and renovated in 2000 the Savoy offers 85 rooms over 7 floors and radiates a slightly outdated atmosphere. The hotel consists of a main building where you find the restaurant and the facilities for children (which we found closed) and the separate 1986 building where the large indoor pool is located. In summer you can dine at the terrace overviewing the valley. Staffs are attentive.

We had a family room in the main building and a twin room in the adjacent building. The family room was spacious with a good double bed, a separate children’s bedroom with two single beds, a terrace overviewing the valley and an adequate bathroom with toilet, washbasin and shower over the bath.

Our room in the adjacent building had an OK bed and was furnished & decorated in an eighties style with desk, flat screen TV, fridge, wardrobe, terrace and a separate plastic cubicle bathroom with washbasin, toilet & shower.

All was clean. Windows can be opened. Complimentary Wi-Fi and free parking at the premises. The buffet breakfast is OK with ample variety and eggs made to order.

We recommend the Savoy to anyone who seeks a good night’s sleep in a spa town accommodation

Room tip: Rooms in the adjacent 1986 building are smaller and more outdated
Date of stay: July 2016