See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights in July with my toddler. We had a junior suite and it was lovely. Spacious, nice bathroom, great balcony and view of the park. Staff were lovely and patient with my daughter, food at breakfast and dinner was top notch, price quality ratio extremely fair. Especially for German and European standards access was easy, with elevators and spacious facilities and room. Do take the paid reserved parking if you need your car close by as the free parking gets full. Absolutely recommend and will stay here again!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2017

Looks high-end from the outside and name 'premier' sounds promising but after two night stay for business (booked by a host company) I would not book again myself. Room is okay but lacks airco or ventilation, which is rather weird in such a hotel with American name. Catering is also not their strong point. Buffet diner was so mediocre we went for a restaurant in Bad Mergentheim town the second day. Breakfast is okay, to be fair. Lunch? Not possible, we found out much to our surprise.
'No demand', I was told at the desk. Maybe it's an idea to get a decent kitchen staff and turn the whole kitchen around?
When we wanted to go for a swim in the hotel pool it was filled to the brim with children. School-swimming. Not just an hour or so, but all afternoon. Apparently guests come second in this hotel?

Room tip: Garden side is cooler (no airco) but can be rather noisy in evening by sound and water show.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

I needed a stopover to rest during a longer road trip and spontaneously stopped at the Best Western late at night. I did not have a reservation and was very gently welcomed by the night team, check-in was quick. I left right after breakfast the next morning which was sumptuous and good. Very friendly staff.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
empfang95369, Manager at Best Western Premier Parkhotel Bad Mergentheim, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2017

Dear Sabine L

Thank you very much for Feedback regarding your stopover at our Hotel. We are happy that you did enjoy your stay with us and we would be delighted if we can welcome you back soon.

Your Best Western Premier Parkhotel Bad Mergentheim

Reviewed October 19, 2016

My wife and I stayed in the Western for six nights, our reason for visit was to have a wellness week using the "Solymar Therme" , A very up-market Spa with fantastic modern facilities, well recommended. The Hotel is easy to locate however parking can be a problem, We parked on the side of the road adjacent to the Hotel but with one eye on the need for a parking ticket which one would normal have to buy from a machine. We never did but was never issued with a parking fine, The staff were friendly, polite and helpful. Rooms are large ,nice modern bathroom and small terrace. View of the Kur Park and the fountains and the regular concert from the Wasser-spiel which was delightful. Breakfast was super, every thing you could wish for, good coffee and you could order a full English (Bacon, Eggs etc) if you wanted to. The area is quiet and peaceful You can just walk to the town across the park where you can find restaurants and shopping areas. The town is not exactly swinging and there is little choice of German Restaurants.
However for me there was a black cloud on the horizon. At breakfast time, a time which i consider the most enjoyable time of the day. There was for the whole week, a guest who had brought his dog into the breakfast room and was feeding it under his own table. Now I like dogs, but they have a place in life and place is not around you at breakfast time, or in fact in the restaurant at all . It destroyed for me the clean, hygienic image of the hotel, Dogs were even forbidden in the Kur-Park!!!! Sorry it was a no-go,
Even with this event, we had a nice week in the Western and would certainly go there again.

Room tip: Try and get a room overlooking the Kur-Park, Wonderfull view and a feeling of calmness
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
empfang95369, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Best Western Premier Parkhotel Bad Mergentheim, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2016

Dear Peter-die-Grosse

Thank you very much for giving us a Feedback to your your recent stay at our Hotel.

Your
Best Western Premier Parkhotel Bad Mergentheim

Reviewed September 16, 2016

I stayed here on night in the room 426 (possibly a Junior Suite but I had booked a Superior room for 129 EUR incl, breakfast)

What I liked
+ really friendly staff that cares about the customers. I have written this is some reviews before but I really felt in this hotel that they take customer service to the next level
+ Nice room with large sitting area
+ Large balcony
+ Separate bathroom (with separate shower and bath tub) and toilet... what a plus
+ Above average breakfast in a nice atmosphere
+ Large restaurant with several levels and a large outside sitting area
+ Free parking with enough space
+ Fast free WiFi
+ fast elevators
+ large surrounding park around the hotel
+ near the public transport system
+ there was some classic concert playing the evening I was there in the garden. Very nice.

What I didn´t like
- the hotel shows its age at several places and the outside building is quite ugly.
- the view from my balcony was so unpleasant that I didn´t use it. Especially the large glass wall that is supposed to keep pigeons out of the balcony really is destroying any atmosphere
- the mattresses are really old and are so heavily used that its hard to find a good sleep
- no air conditioning
- the hotel seems to be frequently used by bus tours for retirees. Therefore you have loud crowds of laughing female (and male) that keep you awake for some while. Also the buses seem to have problems to park so are blocking the only street that is leading to the hotel completely.

I recommend to stay here if you are in the region.

Date of stay: September 2016