We stayed for 3 nights and used it as a good base for going around the black forest. From the outside, the place wasn't terribly impressive, but our room was big and clean. The walls are very thin, and the floor in the hallway creaks loudly, so the mornings and evenings can feel a bit noisy with people coming in and out of their rooms. The food was good, and the couple that runs the place were helpful in translating the menu/giving suggestions on what to eat. Breakfast was complimentary and simple. They had free wifi, which was a big plus.
Overall, not a fancy place to stay, but a really good value for the price of the room, and location in the black forest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sonnenmatte between Titisee and Neustadt near the Spa Badeparadies Schwarzwald Germany Black Forest simple Hotel Rooms with all with shower and toilet and social- wifi at the Hotel. at hte bottom of the spriegelsbach Valley with Bus stop every hour to Titisee Mainstation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Sonnenmatte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gasthaus Sonnenmatte Titisee Neustadt
- Hotel Sonnenmatte Germany/Titisee-Neustadt