Room was functional and comfortable but rather tired. There was a unpleasant smell which did clear away once the window was opened. TV did not work and, inspite of the best efforts by the maid to have it attended to, no one sorted it out for the entire 4 night stay. I had a lake view which was impressive.
The big negative was the restaurant. Very long wait for the meal which was, when it finally arrived after 40 minutes, very mediocre. For example, the chicken soup seemed to have been made from a chicken cube. Am I being cynical to suggest that perhaps the long wait was intended to get the guests to buy more drinks than they would have? Anyway, unless you don't mind a long long wait I recommend you give the hotel restaurant a miss and go out for dinner.
Breakfast buffet was good. Fortunately I was part of a group with a reserved table so we avoided the problem of finding a table - other guests were left waiting around.
Overall verdict. Great view if you have a lakeside room, room was comfortable but not luxurious, restaurant service was poor, breakfast buffet good - shame about the shortage of tables, restaurant's dinners were mediocre. Would I stay again? Probably but not at the full rack price - just not worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magical setting directly on the shore of the crystal clear waters of Lake Titisee with unique lakeshore meadow and private bathing beach, sun beds and children's playground. A leisure area with swimming pool, sauna and fitness area are ideal for relaxation and, with stays of two nights or more, you also benefit from the Hochschwarzwald Card. A volleyball court and a bocce (bowling) court round off the leisure activities. The spacious fitness room offers table-top soccer and a table tennis table ready for use. Also treat yourself to a visit to our Institute for Aesthetics and Naturopathy during your stay. All rooms received a new and modern TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HRS, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Maritim TitiseeHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Titiseehotel Hotel Titisee-Neustadt
- Maritim Titiseehotel Titisee Neustadt
- Maritim TitiseeHotel Germany/Titisee-Neustadt