“OK for a night in transfer”

Ott's Hotel Leopoldshohe
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Weil am Rhein
Nuenen, The Netherlands
“OK for a night in transfer”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel, very close to the Railway Station and surrounded by restaurants, a department store and other shops, has refurbished rooms but in a typical german obsolete style. No lift, no aircon, nice beer garden type place for lunch and dinner. Dinner OK, breakfast OK, pleasant staff, price/performance OK, In my opinion no hotel for an extended stay. Do visi the famous Vitra Design Museum.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Vouvry
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were hungry and found only restaurants from other countries in the center! but buying a bread we asked for a place to eat "local". It was a hit. After a nice well com in the old fashioned restaurant we got the menu card and a fresh baguette bread. The olive oil on the table was nice to eat with the bread while waiting for our food. Which was excellent and a big portion as well. I let the wine be chosen by the service lady and it turned to fit my meat perfectly. A cancel on the table highlighted the lunch.

Room Tip: We did not sleep here, bu we might next time.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pijnacker, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I had a meeting in the neighbourhood and booked this hotel, indicating that I would arrive late. After a 15 min taxi ride from the airport (take a French or German taxi, the Swiss taxi is very expensive if not going to Switzerland) I arrived for a dark and closed hotel... After calling the telephone number that was given on my reservation they explained me the procedure: I had to go to the small entrance around the corner, look for my name on the late-arrival-guest-list and check the room number and safe number behind my name. Then I had to call a certain number with the telephone that was hanging there, saying my safe number and the receptionist-on-distance gave me the code of the safe. And there was my room key!!! Nice service but it would have been nice if they had told me before...
I had a room in the old building which is quite dated (70's) but with its charm. The room was adequate, a bit cold though. The next morning I was happy to see personal and enjoyed an excellent breakfast in a beautiful room (see picture)!

Room Tip: The rooms in the old building are somewhat dated, and those on the railway side suffer some noise fr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Martijn K
Eltville am Rhein, Germany
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Nothing special hear besides I guess it's practical location. We stayed here because we couldn't cross the border into Switzerland, so for this it's convenient. If it's for business and you happen to be sharing with another DON'T. The toilet doors consist of a frosted glass sliding door which gives you no privacy and u can hear everything... i heard everything (fart!)(plop!)

I'm sure if you looked around you could find something just as good though for a lot cheaper but if you had to stay here there's not a lot to complain about besides the price.. and the glass

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
amsterdam
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Was I in same hotel as previous reviewers? Price 99 euro for very small double room with double bed in the outside building. No extra hotel facilities. (small, old) TV and wifi did not work (according to staff only temporary). We arrived late and did not want to stay in Switserland because of Euro and high Swiss prices. Restaurant is also expensive for average not bad food/drink and service. Breakfast was excellent. Staff friendly. Comparable price in Germany along the route Karlsruhe - Basel should be 50-60 Euro maximum!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here many times and not been disappointed, except for the lack of air con. It wouldn't be so bad if not for the freight train noise if the window is open.
On the plus side, it's only a few minutes walk from the station so an easy trip to Basel, and the Vitra Design Museum is worth a trip and can be reached on foot.

The restaurant is also very impressive, you must try the Thai soup!

• Stayed May 2012
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2012

After a few days of Swiss prices we needed to get back to reality so booked in here to visit Basle.
We were in the annex, the corridors are a bit dated but our room was modern and clean with a nice bathroom and huge shower. I did use some German but the reception staff spoke fluent English. Breakfast was excellent and in a really nice dining room.
The station is only a couple of minutes from the hotel. We got a taxi into Basle as we had just missed the train - it was 18 Euro and then to get back jumped on a tram to the Deutsche Bahn station, the train journey back was only 5 minutes. It would be helpful if reception had a train timetable.
Didn't have dinner in the hotel as their dining room is closed on Sundays but there is a lovely Greek restaurant just accross the road which I recommend. After Swiss eating out we ate and drank like starving people without fear of the bill.
Tips for Basle - museums etc are closed on Mondays and do yourselves a favour and don't go to the Tingley Museum unless you are a real fan.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple