“Usually good this time not, that's why the average rating”

Mezcalitos Cantina y Bar
Ranked #47 of 148 Restaurants in Reutlingen
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
“Usually good this time not, that's why the average rating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

I've been to Mezcalito's a few times and normally it very good, but on this occasion not so good, I was there on a Tuesday night, the staff seemed preoccupied with other things rather than serving, we waited 20 minutes to have our drink order taken, even though we asked them, the food was ordered the same time, I had the red snapper which was very dry and over cooked, I sent it back it didn;t help.
I appreciate this could be a one off, when I'm in Reutlingen for longer than a night I usually call in there and the food and service have been good.

• Visited March 2012

Georgetown, Texas
“My new favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

I'm from Texas so I think I know a lot about good Mexican food and the food here is awesome. Now it's different, but so good. I was in town for 10 days and ate there 3 or 4 times. The staff is so nice and accomadating- they have English menus. They were very patient with us and our inability to speak any German at all. I'll give a shout out to Francesco and Marco who were excellent servers. This places stays busy so be sure to make reservations for dinner. The bar is right across from the restaurant and stays packed! My only complaint is that they aren't open for lunch on the weekdays.
Food to try- Nachos Classicos, Papas Grande, and there is something that is served in a skillet that was is really good. Chips and salsa are OK- not like in the US. Margarita Natural is strong! Definetly a must when in Reutlingen.

Visited February 2012