All reviews nice hotel half board business conference black forest large room lake titisee spa wellness massage gps style german winter dogs selection
Selected filters
Reviewed July 13, 2018

We stayed during what seemed maybe the off-season for the hotel... a large part of the parking in front of it was under construction when we arrived. The front desk was very friendly (and spoke English well). Our room had an amazing view and was very clean, if a bit spartan -- definitely seemed like a place that would cater well to a family that included many generations of guests, with a king bed that was really two twins, along with a very firm sofa bed. The bathroom was very nice and the breakfast was very good (full American, with scrambled eggs and breakfast meat), with all the various goodies you would expect. We even got to eat outside the second day we were there, thanks to the sunny and almost warm weather -- was beautiful. No real complaints overall. Needed the GPS to find it, though... seemed a bit off the beaten path. But would recommend for someone who didn't want the crowds of the Titisee and had things they planned to do in the southern Black Forest outside of Freiburg.

Room tip: upper floor, with balcony
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

We went for the weekend to Saigerhoh hotel. Very cozy and neat hotel and the staff are so helpful. Nice playing room for kids just beside the main restaurant which kept our kids entertained. The renovated rooms are spacious and comfy. The food is excellent. Wellness and spa area is very nice. Would definitely come back again in winter

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2018

We only stayed one night to attend a wedding. Check in was easy and the were very patient with us as I do not speak any German. This hotel is amazing....rooms are huge with separate living area and huge bathroom which was very modern, clean. The hotel has great facilities - breakfast was superb. But the view....oh my God..the view!!! I did not want to leave the hotel and we are planning to go back for a longer period of time. Superb!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2018

The Saigerhöh is in a lovely location and great for walking and visiting Black Forest area. I stayed with my daughter for 2 nights and on entering the room I had really high hopes. The room was lovely, modern, bright, great lighting and there were petals on the bed and a bottle of wine. View was amazing, even though it was extremely cold and foggy! I can't say it was not good, it just really lacked style and atmosphere after leaving the room and that extra bit of professionalism you expect when in a nice hotel.
Some examples: No staff on the bar - waited for a while, asked at reception 'he's coming', waited again (nearly 15 mins in total).
Spa lacks atmosphere eg. bright light in steam room. spa treatments were ok, but again lacked professionalism. eg. face mask on, 10 mins to relax and the lady is puting insturments away and clearing up........
The food was lovely and the resaurant bright (maybe a little to right, again, lighting could improve atmosphere).
I have stayed in many hotels and am very fair in my reviews, but this hotel just needs a little attention to make it really great.

Room tip: Pay a bit extra for a delux Fernblick - it is well worth it.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2018

Well, I can't say anything negative about this place. Everything was perfect - location, breakfasts, restaurants, the rooms, the wellness center, and the bar.

All of the staff were great.

And I also met some new four legged friends. Yes, not only are dogs welcome, but they are made to feel right at home.

The mountain location above lake Titisee is very quiet and scenic. We were lucky to have some snow.

Room tip: You can get a room with a panoramic view when you reserve.
Date of stay: January 2018