“Excellent location for a destination wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Berghotel Oberhof

You added Berghotel Oberhof to your Saves list
Berghotel Oberhof
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dr-Theodor-Neubauer-Strasse 20, 98559 Oberhof, Thuringia, Germany   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Oberhof
Kansas City
“Excellent location for a destination wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

In June 2009 my husband (US citizen) and I (German) got married in Oberhof. We stayed at the Berghotel for a whole week. We had our reception at the hotel as well.

The service was outstanding. Some of the staff spoke English well, which was nice for my in-laws, who speak no German at all. The rooms were great, the breakfast was outstanding. We had dinner at the hotel once, and everyone liked it.

Back to the wedding/reception: The hotel took care of the food (champagne reception, lunch, coffee in the afternoon, dinner). They contacted the florist - all I had to do after arriving in Oberhof the Sunday before my Friday wedding, was to go to the florist and pick my flowers for the table decorations, the bridal bouquet and miscellaneous other flowers. And let me tell you – those flower turned out to be beautiful. The hotel made arrangements to get hair and make-up done for myself and four other ladies in our party. According to my sister, room service did some last minute ironing-touch-ups on my wedding dress, as it got wrinkled a little on my trip from the USA to Oberhof.

After the wedding ceremony (which was not held at the Berghotel) my husband and I sawed a log (a fun German wedding tradition) in front of the hotel. Then we had the champagne reception, during which we also ate bread and salt (another German tradition), served by the hotel staff without prior announcements, simply because it belonged, which made my grandma happy, as she was already prepared to "administer" this custom herself, as she later explained.
After some photos, we headed inside for lunch. Lunch took place in a meeting room adjacent to the hotel restaurant that we had for the rest of the day and that was decorated by the staff for a wedding reception. Lunch was a selection of local favorites, including Thuringian potato dumplings. Later that afternoon, we had some coffee and wedding cake. Then we went bob sledding, as it’s offered in Oberhof anyway, and we had gotten canceled the day before because of the bead weather. So, the hotel kept checking with the bob-sleigh run organizer and informed us, when we got the go-ahead. By the time we got back to the hotel, the remaining guests had arrived. For dinner we had grilled specialties, ranging from Bratwurst to vegetable kebobs. After that we had some life entertainment including the first dance. Then we just played mp3’s all evening long, no DJ needed.

So, I apologize for the length of this review, but it’s hard to summarize all the great things that happened on and before our wedding day at the Berghotel in a small paragraph. If you are reading this review, because you are thinking about a destination wedding in Germany – come to Oberhof and stay at the Berghotel. They will take care of you!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oberhof
Treff Hotel Panorama Oberhof
Waldhotel Berghof
Waldhotel Berghof
#1 of 1 in Luisenthal
3.0 of 5 stars 30 reviews

Been to Berghotel Oberhof? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Berghotel Oberhof

Address: Dr-Theodor-Neubauer-Strasse 20, 98559 Oberhof, Thuringia, Germany
Location: Germany > Thuringia > Oberhof
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Ski-In / Ski-Out Spa Suites
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Oberhof
Price Range (Based on Average Rates):
Hotel Class:4 star — Berghotel Oberhof 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Berghotel Oberhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.