“Nice Biergarten-restaurant”

Ranked #39 of 71 Restaurants in Kehl
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Nice Biergarten-restaurant”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Considering that the city of Kehl does not have a real German “Biergarten”, Rheinschneck restaurant gets several points right there just for giving one the opportunity to enjoy a cold beer in a very green atmosphere. The restaurant is surrounded by greenery and several large weeping willows give cool shade to this outdoor restaurant. Sandwiched between the Rhein river and alt Rhein (an old branch of Rhein), Rheinschenk is situated in an interesting park. The park has an aqua play area for kids, which is always frequented by French tourists with their kids from nearby Strasbourg. The park also is a good place to walk, jog or just appreciate art & sculpture. If you feel energetic after your meal there is a very tall wooden tower to climb to burn off the calories you accumulated at the restaurant. The restaurant has a great outdoor atmosphere! Most customers are French tourists. So, naturally almost all waiters and waitresses speak French & German.
I would say this is a great place to have drinks and desserts. Apfelstrudel with ice cream was very tasty. They even serve decaffeinated coffee, which is not always available in European restaurants. As for the food, from what we ordered, I would say, I was not impressed. I ordered wienerschnitzel and my friend had curry wurst. Neither dish was nicely presented and the plates were almost covered with the thick home-made French fries. They were filling, but not very tasty. Curry wurst was better than the schnitzel, which was very boring when compared to schnitzel I often eat in German restaurants. I saw people ordering other sandwiches and sausages. Nothing really looked mouth-watering.
Prices I would say were very fair: For two large beers, one small beer, two main plates, Apfelstrudel and coffee we paid 30 Euros.
As I said before this is definitely a place to drink a beer or have desserts with good coffee, unless of course you have to come to the park to allow the kids to play in water and then have lunch.

• Visited June 2013