“Great little German restaurant!”

Ratskeller Gaststatte
Ranked #20 of 101 Restaurants in Weiden
Cuisines: German
Tallahassee, Florida
“Great little German restaurant!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had lunch here on a rainy afternoon...very cozy...great ambience and atmosphere and excellent service. The wine selection is pretty limited, but the food was great. We had an excellent goulash soup and salads.

• Visited May 2013

Beavercreek, Ohio
“A Good Meal, No Frills”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stopped in for dinner as the Ratskeller is right on the pedestrian mall through old town. The service was OK and the meal was good solid German food. The room is well worn but interesting. A good place to duck in for a meal.

Visited January 2013
Cheshire, Connecticut, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I love this restaurant!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We have eaten here twice and will definitely eat there again when we return to Germany. The first time was in June 2012 and enjoyed a delightful outdoor lunch. I had a pork cutlet with "wedding noodles" that were so good that I had to find some at the store to bring back to the States. My son had the goose and it was tender and succulent. My younger children cleaned their plates of sausages and french fries...and I have to say that I tasted their fries and found them to be the best I've ever tasted!

When we returned to Weiden we went directly to Ratskeller for dinner. The weather was cold but it was warm and cozy inside...very nice atmosphere. My son and daughter both had the duck, which was amazing. Remembering my son's lunch in June I ordered the goose and was not disappointed. The little children went for the sausages again.

The menu has at least a hundred choices, and they do have English language menus. The service is friendly and casual, keeping in mind that dining in Germany is never a rushed experience. German dining means lingering over your meal and enjoying great beer.

Writing this makes me want to go back there again!

• Visited November 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Huge selection”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The menu is extensive and there is an English version if you ask. My boyfriend has tried a few different dishes and said they have all been good. This is my favorite place for goulash. Yum!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Kathie3
Wadsworth, Ohio, United States
“Bad service”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Last Sunday (June 10, 2012): We were excited to find this German cuisine restaurant, the menu looked very inviting, we sat down outside and waited 45 minutes for our drinks and were told we need to wait more to be able to order, the attitude of this place was horrible. Sorry to see that:-(

• Visited June 2012