All reviews small room excellent view curtains noise castle guests rooms breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed December 1, 2017

I have visited Wernigerode so many times and tried this hotel for the first time. Everything was superb. Most amazing shower in bathroom. Excellent breakfast. Spotlessly clean. Friendly staff. It is a little out of the centre in Johann sebastain Bachstrasse. I had thought that to be where Albert Bartles Strasse is. My mistake but everyone very kind

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2017

Stayed with wife & kid in a Suite (2 rooms, 2 bathrooms) for three nights, price 164€ incl. breakfast/night.
Room well decorated, huge bathroom with view on the castle. Massive flat-screen TV for whoever would need it. Free WLAN. Pool and sauna were pleasant. Breakfast decent though nothing special. Service was fine.

Room tip: Book the Suite, excellent value for money.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2016 via mobile

The castle facing rooms offers an excellent view so try to request them. The single bed in my twin room was a little small. But nothing to complain. The rooms are clean, toilets appear new. Breakfast is good quality. Attentive staff and a good parking spot is offered near the center of the town. 3 mins walk to the historic city-hall and main tourist street. The free Wifi connection was not very stable in my room.

Date of stay: May 2016
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I got a very small room with a very small room, but apart from this, I had no reason to complain. Good location close to Old Town (but not too close, so there was no noise from the festival on the Old Market) and reasonably close to the Castle.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank PSJJJJ
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at Hotel Schlosspalais, the only room available at the time of booking was a suite. On arrival the hotel was easy to find and there is a parking lot for guests adjacent and cost €5 per day. Our room was huge! Enormous bathroom with spa, and spa shower (I couldn't get the spa shower to work - I don't know if it was user error or if broken so I just had normal showers). I was also surprised to find an exercise bike in the bathroom. There were no toilettrie's in the bathroom (eg shampoo, bar of soap etc) which being 4 star I would have expected. Beautiful view of the castle from our bedroom. Given the amount of windows in our bedroom and the curtains not being blackout the room was very bright from about 5 am. The pool area was a real treat, be sure to ask reception to have the finnish sauna turned on.
This hotel is only a 5 minute walk from the Altstadt and 5 minute walk to the train station where you catch the steam train up Brocken.
Even though I can speak German, my non German speaking wife did have difficulties communicating with the hotel staff as it appears there are not too many English speakers among them (which shouldn't be surprising given we are in Germany). But I am mindful that non German speaking tourists may have difficulty staying at this hotel.

Date of stay: May 2011