Weinhaus Weiler
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Loreleyblick(Sankt Goar)
Winzerhaus Gartner(Sankt Goar)
View Hotel
Hotel an der Fahre(Sankt Goar)
  • Room Service
All reviewsrhine valleytrain linelittle thingsenjoyed our staythird floorsuperior roomtown walltop floorcomfortable roomsexcellent hotelsmall townwinecheesehill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 3, 2009

This hotel is charming. The service is good, the rooms are lovely and the restaurant is superb.
Oberwesel is a delightful town.
Can thoroughly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2009

I arrived late in Oberwesel without a reservation and was relieved to see this restaurant/hotel open. They were very friendly and accommodating. I was able to get a delicious dinner and had a very comfortable room for a reasonable price. The wine list was also excellent. I go to Oberwesel at least once a year and will definitely stay here from now on.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 13, 2008

We spent the last two nights of our 2 week German vacation here at the lovely Weinhaus Weiler. From the moment we checked in, we experienced their warm hospitality and high quality service. Our room was on the top floor and we had requested a Rhine view, which we received. The room was very clean and comfortable. A cautionary word....the train tracks are very close to the building and can be quite loud. It wasn't a problem for us since we were there in October and the weather was chilly so we kept the window closed, but if you're there in the summer you might have a problem with the noise if you're a light sleeper.

Oberwesel is a sleepy,charming little town on the Rhine and is in a great location to sight-see the other towns along the river. The best dinner of our trip was in the restaurant of this hotel! The food was fabulous, and the riesling from their own winery was the best! Special mention must go to Marie - Luise who not only was our server for dinner, but also made sure that we were well taken care of during our stay.

We definitely recommend staying at Weinhaus Weiler!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Coastlvr
Reviewed June 11, 2008

My husband and I took a romantic break to Oberwesel, to spend New Years Eve at the Weinhaus Weiler.

I am so happy to have found this place!
It is housed in a lovely half timbered building in the center of town. Straight out of a fairy-tale!
Our room was simple, but pretty, with a nice view of the Rhine.
On new years eve day, the hosts arranged for guests to take a long walk up to a very scenic spot overlooking the town and castle, where they provided us with a nice hot wine drink, it was great! Then on to a relatives wine shop where they gave us samples of their special schnapps...I only wish we had bought more than we did to take home - it was delicious!
After the walk back, we had time to take a nap before New Years Dinner.
Dinner was spectacular! (as it was the evening before)
I can't say enough about the quality of the food...Trudel made an effort to know exactly what kind of wine we like, which also paired well with our meal
I am used to New York restaurants, and this was comparable - if not better! They did an amazing hazelnut dessert too which stands out in my mind.

At mid-night we all went into the square and watched fireworks as we counted down. The hosts provided us with her special "hot punch" to toast.
What a magical moment for me, one I will never forget!
The locals and guests (all German) were warm towards us and made an effort to make us feel welcome.
I honestly had tears in my eyes it was so lovely.

If you are traveling to the Rhine - I highly recommend this place.
The setting and the food (and wine- of course!!) can not be beat!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nellynel
A TripAdvisor Member
St. Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed April 11, 2006

In May 2003, we stayed for 3 nights at the Weinhaus Weiler in the charming little town of Oberwesel on the Rhine river in Germany.

It's a small B and B/hotel with only a few rooms and a delightful restaurant which I would recommend even if you didn't stay at the hotel.

We had a beautiful, very large room/suite (it had a couch, chairs etc. at one end and a gorgeous bathroom. At that time, the price was very reasonable (90euro per night), but it was slightly off season.

The hosts were very friendly and gave us a lot of advice on places to go. I would recommend it highly.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member