All reviews main building green hills wonderful hotel food was great my daughter outdoor pool spa terrace pools dinner usa hiking valley wifi stream section cars
Reviewed August 19, 2018

Recently stayed here for 2 nights with my daughter. Couldn't have asked for a more wonderful experience. Because of construction our room was moved and we wound up in a larger room. View wasn't great but that didn't matter. We only slept in the room anyway. The room was comfortable and large. The views around the hotel were gorgeous. We loved sitting outside for breakfasts which were probably the best I have ever eaten! Dinner here was exquisite as well. Everyone from the owners to the people turning down the beds, to serving meals couldn't have been more helpful and accomodating. The day we left they handed us bottles of water for our long trip. Just a wonderful wonderful spot! Lots of hiking in the area and many wonderful restaurants. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2018

This hotel is situated in beautful surroundings where one can have a peaceful nights sleep. The meals that were served where of a very high quality. The first evening we had a long wait until our orders came (but when one has such beautiful views outside, it is not such a problem), the second evening it was perfect. That one can't use the mobile here I found a blessing, no annoying table neigbours telefoning away. Like it says in the bible, the last will be the first, one day they will advertise it with "the first mobile free hotel". The garden surrounding the outside swimming pool is great, with plenty of shade from the trees there.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charles D
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

The setting for this hotel would be hard to beat. It is a beautiful spot with lovely gardens and delightful pools both inside and out. The food was great and reflected the area. Service was friendly and efficient. Breakfast was very good with acwide choice.

On the down side: Our room was very attractive but very hot. I appreciate that not all hotels can offer air conditioning but I do think they could manage a fan in hot weather. We had been warned their was no mobile coverage but assured there was WiFi. On trying to log in with given code I found it did not work. When I queried this I was told that they had a problem with android devices which ruled out both my tablet and phone. This meant we had to use the phone in the room and I was very disappointed to find we were charged for this. When we pointed out that we only had to use it because the promised WiFi did not work they would not take it off the bill. I did not feel this showed consideration.

So a mixed picture. Great position and food but check if you wish to use WiFi that your device will be compatible.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
krifu, Inhaber at Romantik Hotel Spielweg, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2018

Dear guest, thank you very much for your comment and great that you stayed with us! We are very sorry to hear that you devices did not work with our wifi - however this is a limited problem and we are already working on it now! I am also very sorry that we charged the telephone costs on your account - I already wrote an email to you to get the costs back to you. This is the least thing that we can do. We are located in the beautiful Münstertal but as I mentioned when we talked at the reception we can not do anything against having such bad technical support - we have been trying for many years to improve.
We hope you will come back to enjoy the area - because hospitality - food and location are more important than connecting to the world for some days :-)
Greetings from the Münstertal - Kristin Fuchs Manager

Reviewed June 22, 2018

We stayed here in 2016 for the first time, and we loved it so much we ended up going back last year! the service is impeccable, the surroundings are stunning and the food is delectable. their spa is wonderful and we left feeling pampered and relaxed!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank juhi s
Reviewed May 29, 2017

What a pleasant surprise we had when we arrived at a serene valley in the countryside of the Back Forest and came upon the Romantic Hotel. We had low expectations but this is a very nice property in a spectacular setting. It was our last stop before flying back to the USA after a hectic five week, 5,000 kilometer driving trip and we wanted a place where we could just relax for one afternoon and this certainly fit the bill. We had a nice rustic room in the main building overlooking the stream and up into the green hills all around. The room was a good size with a wall of windows. The bathroom was also nice with a stand alone shower instead of those stupid half glass screens in the tub. There is a gourmet restaurant on the property, an indoor and outdoor pool, a spa and lots of activities. Service was friendly and very good. There was a large breakfast buffet which we had sitting on the patio with that fabulous view of the green hills. Would definitely come back here

Room Tip: River views are nice band quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple